Chapter 27: The Descent

Disclaimer: I don't own anything associated with Fruits Basket.

What does it take to set the Sohmas free after Akito's death?

Warning: Sexual innuendos. Please read at your own discretion.

The Puppet Master's Last Testament

Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Descent

They finished their tour of the museum (even snuck some flash-less photographs) and went to the department store next door. They shuffled through the sale rack, and Tohru found a lovely fluttery white top. Hanajima bought the same one in black.

"Hanajima, this is the first time you've agreed with me on a shirt."

"Hey. Well, this one is pretty."

They left the store in girly chatter. They crossed the street to café. Both girls ordered a bowl of seafood noodles. They sipped and slurped until the bowl had nothing left but a slice of ginger. They were warm and cheerful.

Suddenly, Tohru's cell-phone buzzed. She checked the time: it was six already. "Ahhhh!"

"I need to get back!" She cried in hysterics before picking up the phone. "Hello?"

"Tohru, it's Shigure. I was wondering when you were going to be back for dinner?"

"Soon."

"Where are you?"

"I'm with Hanajima."

Shigure whined, "I'm hun-gry."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

Tohru returned to face Hanajima. "I'm sorry, I have to get back."

"No, that's fine. I had a great time. You?"

"Me too, we must do this more often."

Hanajima nodded and gave Tohru a wistful smile. She wanted to tell her friend that this 'relationship' with Shigure was going too far. He was manipulative and needy. He was egotistical and self-serving. He was emotionless and false.

And Tohru was the perfect person for that leech. She was filled with warmth, love, and passion for life.

On the bus, Tohru was silent. Hanajima wondered. She acted different these days. More tense. She didn't want to intrude upon her emotional state, but even without doing so, she could feel the jittery nerves bouncing up and down inside the quiet girl. Humpf, it has something to do with that suspicious writer. He is the cause of all Tohru's anxiety. He calls her, and suddenly she turns into this jumpy rabbit. That is not like her.

Tohru got off in front at the bus-stop and waved to Hanajima, but her eyes were focused on something else. She said, "Today was really fun! We have to do this again!"

Shigure marched around his room. He hadn't been able to get anything down all day. At least in the morning, after the morning stroll, he planned out some events for the characters, but after his lunch (which was tasty as usual), he kept on checking on the clock. He was restless. He was frustrated. Ready to pull out his hair. At three, he felt really anxious. That was when Tohru usually got back home. At four, he was sitting at the edge of the sofa, clicking rapidly through channels. He found some free porn of some bootylicious vixens (that could make any man hard), but even then could no focus. The moaning and grinding did nothing for him, nothing like what Tohru did for him last night. Give him two hard-ons, in the fucking morning. The oddest thing. She was a fucking vixen without fucking knowing what she fucking did to him. Fuck me, he thought. At five, he was nearly exhausted from his worry. He told himself, "I am only 'worried,' because if she is in danger, so are the Sohmas. We will never be rid of the curse." He felt too nauseous to call Hatori for the next clue. Imagine that! " He remembered what she had said to him her greatest fear was: "That someday I won't be loved, that I won't have anyone by my side." No Tohru, that is my greatest fear. He had never given much thought to that. But now he was admitting it to himself. You are loved. You can love.

The Puppet Master's Last Testament (Fruits Basket FanFiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें