Chapter 7: To the Doctor's House We Go!

Disclaimer: I don't own anything associated with Fruits Basket.

What does it take to set the Sohmas free after Akito's death?

The Puppet Master's Last Testament

Chapter Seven:

To the Doctor's House We Go!

"Towel please."

Shigure grabbed a towel of the hanger and handed it over to Tohru in the shower.

"Thank you."

She dried herself off and got out, the towel tied securely around her torso, but leaving lots to his imagination. All the beautiful curves and angles of her body accentuated.

As she stepped out of the shower, she accidentally slipped.

Shigure managed to catch her, her chest plastered against his side, almost touching his front, almost initiating the curse. Hearts pounded simultaneously. Heavily.

They looked up at each other.

Her eyes seemed hooded and lust-induced. Shigure looked down. Her towel had fallen but the close proximity of their bodies prevented him from seeing 'anything'.

She tried to move away and pull up her towel, but Shigure grasped her wrist and groaned, "No. Tohru," before crashing his lips against hers in a fiery kiss.

"Shigure?"

He snapped out of his reverie. "Huh?"

"Can you hand me my towel on the hook?" Aw, darn.

"Oh, yeah, sorry. The blood isn't really circulating to my hand anymore, I kind-of fell asleep." His words came out in a jumbled mess.

Tohru dried up, put on her clothes (she choose a wide boat-neck shirt for easy on-off motion), and stepped out.

They went downstairs to check on their cake. Perfect timing.

It was finished. With oven mitts, Tohru brought out the pan and cut it out slowly, meticulously.

"Okay, now we are going to cut it parallel and fill the center with berries and cream. Strawberry Shortcake is okay with you, right?"

"Anything my darling."

Tohru thought nothing of his comments. He was his usual old self.

Tohru cut the berries with both hands, and Shigure slathered the cream onto the cake generously. Tohru lay a bed of strawberries on. Shigure put more cream on before adding the top of the cake.

"Voila," she said, "Now we put on the more cream. Make sure it's seamless."

Shigure attempted, but to no avail. It looked like a volcano by the time he finished.

"Oops."

"It's okay Shigure. I can fix it."

She took the spreader and with the skill of a pastry chef, swirled the base with one and while she smoothed out the cream.

By the time she was done, it was perfect.

"Wow."

"Now we put on the extra strawberries."

"I'll do it," Shigure offered.

He took the strawberries and made a heart-shape.

"Hatori will like that," Tohru said, very pleased with the outcome.