Chapter Twelve

"Huang Li Jun!" Wen Ju Ye gasped once she had gotten over her shock. "What are you doing?" She glanced at Fei Hong with worry. "I hadn't talked to Fei Hong in years, and now she had just abruptly -" Wen Ju Ye glared at Huang Li Jun. "Did you do this?"

"She was supposed to fall asleep earlier," Huang Li Jun murmured, staring at Fei Hong's calm face.

"No wonder why she looked so exhausted!" Wen Ju Ye scolded. "Look, there's even sweat on her brow!" Wen Ju Ye slipped out a handkerchief and dabbed at Fei Hong's brow delicately.

"The old Fei Hong would have fallen asleep by the second cup," Huang Li Jun's sharp and handsome eyebrows were pinched in confusion. "I did not expect for her to last until this long..."

"Well you should have made better calculations!" Wen Ju Ye exclaimed.

"Ju Ye!" Ai Li Qi warned her, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Huang Li Jun is still the first prince."

Wen Ju Ye blinked, seeming to catch herself.

Ai Li Qi bowed towards Huang Li Jun. "I apologize on her behalf."

Huang Li Jun looked at the both of them, then sighed. "It's fine, it's fine." He then fixed his gaze upon Wen Ju Ye. "Wen Ju Ye, do you really intend to rekindle your friendship with Fei Hong? After how your first attempt at friendship ended?"

Wen Ju Ye looked hurt. "We were both ignorant children at that time! And..." her gaze softened as she looked at Fei Hong. "She seemed so earnest when she apologized. And... sad. Lonely." Wen Ju Ye frowned. "As long as Fei Hong is willing, I'd be glad to rekindle our friendship." Wen Ju Ye then turned to Ai Li Qi, blushing. "Ah. I didn't even think about your feelings." She looked up at Ai Li Qi, blinking her large hopeful eyes. "Would you rekindle your friendship with Fei Hong as well?"

Ai Li Qi sighed, rubbing a hand over his face. "I admit, as children, when we broke our friendship, my words were rather... harsh." He cut a glance at Huang Li Jun, then back to Wen Ju Ye. "But, I will go with you if that's what you want." His expression became tender as he gazed at Wen Ju Ye. "However, Fei Hong has no more chances. If she steps out of the line in the slightest," his gaze darkened, "that will be the end of it."

Wen Ju Ye hesitated, then nodded earnestly. "Of course, Ai Qi Li!" A bright, beautiful smile appeared on her face. "Thank you."

Ai Li Qi exploded into a blush and quickly looked away.

Huang Li Jun watched this interaction, a slight trace of interest on his face. "Hmm. Good for you two." Wen Ju Ye and Ai Li Qi turned, surprised, as if they had forgotten he was there. Huang Li Jun smiled slightly, rather amused. "If you're all done agreeing on this, I will take Fei Hong."

"Huh?!" Wen Ju Ye's eyes widened. "You're taking her?"

"Yes, for what other reason did I put in all that effort to slip the medicine into her tea?" Huang Li Jun tsked.

"You drugged her tea?"

"I thought we had already established that," Huang Li Jun muttered.

"You - you can't take her!" Wen Ju Ye protested. "Bring her back to the Feng Manor, or - or -!"

"I will be departing now," Huang Li Jun interrupted. "I have some questions for her, anyways." With a sweep of his sleeve, Huang Li Jun disappeared in a burst of wind, along with Fei Hong in his arms.

"Huang Li Jun!" Wen Ju Ye yelled after him, only to be replied with silence.

***

My head hurt worse than that one time when I hit it on Bai Long's table and my persona from a different reality died.