Ruffled Feathers Part 1

Author's Note: Two words to describe this opening? oH fUcK! 

 Enjoy the opening to the sequel of The Potion Situation. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Scar's POV:

 The aftermath of the potion situation still left me weak.

 I was sitting on the couch at the country club as Cub fixed my braces to my legs, " Maybe you should start wearing these from now on?" he gave me a worried look as I sighed and looked at the ceiling. I nodded slowly. 

 The two of us talked about how weird it was to be each other until my communicator started to ring. I sat up and looked at the I.D.......

 Grian.

 Now why was he calling me at this hour? Everyone was turning in for the night after the craziness that happened. I looked at Cub as he raised his eyebrow.

 " Who's calling?" he asked as I stood up and wobbled slightly, " Grian..." I answered as Cub stood up and popped his back, " Why would he be calling at this time?" Cub checked his watch, " 10 pm.... Damn..." he yawned as he crossed his arms.

 I answered the phone.

 " Hello? Grian?" I yawned as Grian's weirdly chipper British accent came from the other end.

 " Hey Scar! I need you to come and help me with something." Grian spoke as I raised my eyebrow.

 " Why can't you get Mumbo to help you? He's your neighbor." I questioned as Grian sighed, " Mumbo can't know about what I'm planning mate. Please, this is going to be hilarious." he spoke as I yawned.

 I looked at Cub as he tilted his head, " I'd say help him. He's a persistent little guy." Cub mouthed as I sighed, " Alright." I mouthed back with a small shake of my head.

 I told Grian I would help him in his plight, and he quickly hung up after a loud sound of glass breaking came from the other end. I flinched and lowered my arm causing Cub to take a step forward.

 " What happened?" Cub questioned as he took off his lab coat and hung it on a hook. I explained the crashing sound causing Cub to his eyebrow as he crossed his arms, " That's.... That's concerning." he frowned as I nodded. 

 I picked up my bag and waved Cub goodbye, " Well, goodnight Scar. If something bad happens call me man." he stretched as he walked into his bedroom as I nodded and left the club towards Grian's base.

 ((Time skip brought to you b- " Joe. Joe no! Don't take the sign Joe!" the author chases the horse minded Joe away))

 The sky was filled with stars that beautifully lit up the sky as I flew threw the nice cold hair. It felt amazing to be able to be flying around after being cooped up in Jevin's back room for almost a full day.

 I looked around Grian's base and noticed a faint hole in his aviary. He was probably editing his base to make it easier to get in there, but it could be the reason for the odd sound I heard.

 The hole seemed to be premade upon investigation when I landed in front of the aviary. The white concrete made it clear that Grian had purposely made it.

 I looked around and slowly entered the tree filled room. 

 The sound of birds screeching in sudden panic made me jump out of my skin as I took out a torch and waved it towards the screeching. The birds were in a frenzy as they all flew down the hole into the main part of the base. This seemed incredibly ominous as I continued to shine my torch around.

 I walked forward slowly noticing some roughened terrain and.....

 Bloody feathers.

 I kneeled down to get a closer look at the feather. It was a blondish color with blood pooling at its tip. There also seemed to be some strange patches of flesh that seemed to be clumped at said tip. 

 I held my shirt up to my nose, " That.... That's disgusting..." I stood up and looked around. What exactly did I agree to?

 The sound of groaning shook me out of my thoughts as I looked up. 

 " Grian?" I called out in a harsh whisper as I looked down towards the trail of blood and feathers.

 The groaning continued as I slowly followed the trail. I swear if I find Grian being eaten alive by chickens I'm going to need therapy. 

 The groans turned into pained squawks and coughs as I stood in front of a small hill. I poked my head around the corner and immediately fell backwards in a scream as a pair of piercing yellow eyes started back at me through the darkness.

 I swiftly moved backwards as the figure crawled out from its hiding place. My entire body went stiff as I tried to hold my torch up to better see the figure.... I felt sick as I stared in shock.

 Grian.

 God, Grian what did you do to yourself this time?

 Grian's legs were mangled to the point where his feet were orange-ish yellow and sharp talons were there; feathers had covered his torn up legs.

 His hands were ripped up with the feathers that poked out of them as blood dripped from his talons, claws, whatever his hands were now!

 Grian's face was probably in the best shape, but he had the look of a demonic animal that hadn't been fed in years. He stared at me.

 " Scccaaar.....?" 

His voice was filled with pain as he dropped to his knees. I forced myself forward slightly despite my mind's urgent warning of flying. I needed to help Grian though. 

 Grian shouted in pain as he hunched over. I froze again as two bloody, yellow, brown, and black wings sprouted out of Grian's back putting him into even more pain.

 " Grian!" I shook my head and hurried to his side. He was breathing heavily as he looked up at me.

 " Scccccaaaar...?" 

 His voice became even more drawled out as Grian stared at me. 

 " Grian what is it? What do you need? How did this happen?!" I asked quickly as Grian coughed as I stood up. The younger hermit continued to stare up at me as he let out an unsettling noise.

 " Foood...." he wheezed as I shook my head."

 " What kind of food?" I quickly asked with my whole body twitching out of fear.

 It felt like time sped up as Grian leapt at me and pinned me to the ground while driving his sharp talons into my back. I yelled out in pain.

 " Yoooou...." he whispered as I turned my head to look into his hallow eyes. I shook my head.

 " Sorry Grian...." I whispered as I turned my head and drove my torch into his chest.

 Grian screeched as he turned tail and ran away. A long, yellow feather tail was going out of him as he went back to his hidey hole. 

 I breathed heavily and forced myself up. 

 I briefly looked towards the hidey hole. I needed to get Mumbo... I needed to get these wounds healed. I.... I needed sleep.... I fixed my elytra and took off into the sky towards Mumbo's base. I honestly hope that he was still awake at this time.