Chapter 24- Vines

Start from the beginning

"I'm feeling better now that Marinette and the jewels aren't freezing. But right now I'm more worried about Marinette... she needs a hosp-"

The door to the room they were open as a now fully clothed Adrien walked inside.

"Thank you, sir, for allowing me to change my clothes. Thankfully I was able to get some next store but not without them asking a bunch of questions..." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly, not sure what to say. In front of him was the man who knew all. He knew everything about the miraculous, Plagg, and Ladybug herself. The man probably knew of Ladybug's identity- and even though it was tempting, he did not ask of her whereabouts.

Wherever she is, there's a reason.

"Not at all, Adrien Agreste. Thank you for bringing Marinette here."

"You're.. familiar with Marinette?"

Master Fu looked up from the teenage girl and eyed Adrien with a soft look.

"I'm familiar with the Dupain-Chengs. But it was good of you to bring her here instead of a hospital. Leaving her in the hands of the doctors would do nothing while Empathie is still on the loose."

Adrien sighed. "Speaking of the akuma, what do I do now? I mean... I'm-" He suddenly looked back towards Marinette, as if to check if she was awake. But that wasn't the only reason why he shouldn't speak of the miraculous... yes Wayzz took him here, but it was still nervewracking to speak about being Chat Noir to someone other than Plagg.

"Do not fret, child," Wayzz spoke for his master, flying up to confront him. "It will all work out."

"That's not what I mean..." Adrien turned red before heading over to where Master Fu was sitting. Slowly he knelt down next to Marinette, keeping his worried gaze fixed on the elder. Lifting up his hand, he showed Fu the ring.

The old man's eyes widened when he saw the frozen jewelry. "My... I've never seen this before..."

Wayzz squinted his eyes as if he needed glasses. "I can barely see the paw print, but it is surely still activated."

"What does that mean?" Adrien asked nervously. "Plagg is still inside."

"It means that Plagg's alive," Fu responded, scratching his chin. "But..." He turned to look at Marinette before taking a peek at Wayzz.

"I apologize, M. Adrien, but I must have a conversation with my kwami, alone."

The blonde boy nodded quickly and stood up. "Y-Yes! Of course..." He stuttered, sneaking a peek at Marinette. For a second he had to fight the urge to reach for her.

It's all my fault.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

As the teenage boy left the room, Wayzz took this opportunity to frantically address his Master.

"Master! This isn't good! What should we do?"

The elderly man folded his hands in his lap and closed his eyes. "So you could sense Plagg's energy?"

The turtle nodded quickly. "Yes, I can. When I touched the ring, I felt his energy burning through the ice. He's trying his best to get out, but he's trapped. Most likely, he is freezing inside."