Chapter ten

Amy turned Spartan towards the jump. " Come on, boy!" She encouraged. At the last possible second, Spartan veered away from the jump. Amy sailed over his head and met the hard, cold ground, gasping for air.
" Amy! Amy, wake up!" Lou stood over her bed. "Lou.. Lou, what time is it?" She glanced at the clock. "Amy, are you ok?" Lou asked. " Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just tired, that's all." Amy said, getting out of bed. She made a mental note to work with Spartan later. Lou left, so Amy got dressed and walked into the kitchen. She pulled on her boots, and her coat, grabbed her cowboy hat and headed out to the barn. She walked down the aisle, stopping at Spartan's stall. " Hi Spartan, how are you boy? I'm sorry I've been busy lately and haven't spent much time with you, but I promise I will today." Amy laughed as Spartan nudged her. Then she walked into the mare's stall. " Hey girl, are you"..... Amy's eyes grew wide. The mare was laying down and breathing hard and fast. She fumbled for her phone. " Ty, come quick, I think the mare's in labor", she said into the phone. " I'll be right there," Ty replied quickly. Amy slipped into the stall and knelt by her head and started to do t-touch to keep the mare calm. The horse's chestnut neck was darkened with sweat. Finally, the stall door creaked open. " Ty! Thank god you're here." Amy exclaimed. Ty set down his vet bag and took a look at the mare. "Amy, something's not right. We're going to have to help her get the foal out. The foal is early, and he's in the wrong position. I need your help," Ty said. Amy nodded. " Ok, first I need you to hand me those gloves." Amy quickly handed Ty the shoulder length gloves. " Ok, now I need you to go by her head and keep her calm while encouraging her." Ty said. He reached his arms in and carefully turned the foal. " Got him!" When the mare pushed, Ty pulled and finally a wet newborn foal slid out onto the straw. Amy smiled and fell into Ty's arms. "Way to go, Ty!" Amy laughed. " Well, I couldn't have done it without you," he said. " If you hadn't kept the mare calm, I wouldn't have been able to help her, really." Ty explained. " I've been thinking, what if we name his mom Promise?" Amy suggested. " Sure, Fine with me. But now we need a name for this little guy," Ty pointed to the newborn foal Amy was drying with a towel. All of a sudden, the fiery red foal thrust out his legs and scrambled to his feet. His mom, who had stood up already, gently nuzzled him. The foal took a few steps on his wobbly little legs until he reached  his mom. He poked his head under her and started sucking, twitching his stubby little tail like nothing else mattered. Amy laughed as she put her arms around Ty. " That's the best Christmas gift ever," Amy said. " Speaking of presents, I was going to give you this on Christmas, but there was to many people and I didn't feel comfortable ," Ty said as he handed her a small box. Amy looked confused. " Open it," he urged. Amy carefully opened it. Nestled inside was a beautiful silver necklace with two hearts connected together. " Oh Ty! It's so beautiful," Amy whispered. " It's so you'll always remember I'll love you, no matter what." Ty said. Amy smiled at Ty as he carefully fastened it. " Thank you so much," Amy said as she kissed him. And the mare watched them with her baby happily beside her.

Hi guys
I know, kinda cheesy, but anyways, hope you all enjoyed! photo of the necklace is above. Also, I'm thinking of making Instagram account for pictures of characters and more from my books, what do you think? So if you have any name ideas for the baby, please comment. The names I was thinking of are Flame or Firefly. Which one do you like better? Please don't forget to vote! Love you all! Oh, and sorry for the late update, been busy!
Jelly_bean06