Chapter eight

Amy opened her eyes, only to see the sunlight streaming through the window. She yawned and then realized... it was Christmas!!She jumped out of bed and grabbed her jeans. She slipped them on then pulled on a warm fleece sweater. Her boots crunched through the snow on her way to the barn. She quietly walked up to the new mare's stall. " Hey girl," Amy said quietly. She slid back the bolt on the stall door and let herself in. " I'm thinking of naming you Hope or Promise, but I need to ask Ty first." Amy told her. " Ask me what?" Said a voice behind her. Amy whirled around. " Ty!" She said, laughing. " I think we should name her Promise or Hope," Amy told him. " Good idea," Ty said. "Now we'd better get inside, or Lou's going to kill us." Amy laughed and the two walked out of the barn together.

" Ouch!" Lou yelped, as she jerked her hand back. " Lou, are you ok?" Asked Jack. " Uuh, yeah, I guess. I just burned my hand a little while I was taking the cookies out of the oven," Lou replied.
" Lou! What's wrong honey?" Tim asked as he emerged from the bedroom. Jack just glared at him before leading Lou to the bathroom to take care of her hand. Tim stared after them before shrugging.

****************
" Ty! Stop!" Amy gasped, out of breath.
Ty had been unmercifully tickling her because Amy was teasing him. Ty finally released her and stopped tickling her. Both of them leaned against the fence, laughing. When Amy had caught her breath, she said, " Ty, we probably should go help Lou now. She's probably freaking out." Ty nodded as he put his arm around Amy.

Tim poured a cup of coffee and sat down at the table. " Dad? What are you doing?" Amy asked. " Well, I'm just drinking some coffee, then I have to go. I'll see you tonight." Tim said. Amy rolled up her sleeves and started cooking.

A few hours later,
Ty and Amy were decorating the Christmas tree. Knock, knock. Ty walked to the door and pulled it open.
" Oh hey Lisa. Jack took Lou to the clinic because she burned her hand, but
they'll be here soon," Ty told her.

A few hours later...
" Cheers!" Everyone said as they clinked their glasses together. As everyone started chatting, Amy and Ty slipped outside into the cold night air and walked hand in hand to the barn.
" Pretty good dinner," Ty said. " Yeah. It was great," Amy said quietly. Ty kissed her. " Ok!" Amy laughed when Ty finally let her go. " It was really great!" Ty laughed. " So, I've been thinking, what if we named the new mare Hope or Promise. What do you think?" Amy asked. Ty nodded. " That sounds good," he said. " Well, I'm glad you enjoyed the dinner, because we're having another one tomorrow," Amy teased. Ty tickled her. Amy laughed.
And they kissed again under the bright stars.

A/n:
Sorry for such a short, boring chapter.
I didn't really have inspiration for this one, but next chapter will be better, I promise. Ok, so which name do you like better for the mare: Hope or Promise? Please tell me in the comments! Thank you all for reading!
Littlesilverpony