Chapter 3: Nightmares

France's pov

I feel as terrible as normal today... England didn't show up for school today so I'm all alone... Well I guess I have Korea, America, and Japan but still. Wait what am I saying?! Spain is right here so I guess everything's fine! After all, England's kinda just my "When Spain doesn't show" friend. Or something to that extent. He's a little annoying to be honest. Okay a lot annoying. I wanna tell him that, but I just can't be bothered. Plus he's the only one who seems to put up with most of my shit so there's that. While I sat outside, I watched as America attempt to do... something... But ended up falling on his face. I smiled and looked at Spain, who I knew had the same idea as me. We both kicked some wood chips on him while America just laid there accepting it. All of us laugh about it because it's a normal thing, don't ask why, it just is. America's annoying too and sometimes I can't stand him, but he also seems to put up with me. I have no idea why though...

England's pov

I woke up with a terrible cough, sore throat, and my head was killing me. This isn't the first time I've just woken up and felt sick. My mom asked if I wanted to try and go to school, but after I failed to even get a sentence out, she decided I should stay home. She gave me some medicine and I sat in bed doing random things on my phone. Mostly scrolling the endless list of songs I had downloaded. While I did this, I kept thinking about that horrible nightmare I had... I still remember everything very clearly, and when I woke up I felt like I was gonna burst into tears... I've been having nightmares often and I don't like it.

3rd person pov
*flashback
The ground was smoking as the radioactive fire continued to spread throughout the streets. After the meteor hit, time seemed to stand still. England ran around looking for anything survivors, but only managed to find America and Korea. Though the person he really cared about was nowhere to be seen.

"America, please tell me! Where's France I need to know now!"

"H-He's... He's fine! Now come on let's just-"

"You're lying!!" England shouted, cutting America off. He fell to the floor as the walls of the room they'd taken shelter in began to melt away.

"Wait no... he IS okay... I love him more than anything! He has to be okay! Just tell me!"
*End flashback

England's pov

Why did I say that in my dream anyway? I do love France but... Not like THAT! Right? Whatever, dreams never make much sense anyway. I shouldn't think about it for now, my head still hurt so I laid back down. Hopefully my brain will be nice and not press the resume button and have me continue that hell.