Chapter 53: Parenting

Danny wondered what kind of a trial they were preparing for Skywalker. Although many things became clearer now, he shouldn't trust even the Ancients so easily, especially the Son. They had already overthrew one king. Nevertheless, Phantom followed Father through the corridor, along with Dani, who was holding his hand. Finally the stark haired ghost ran out of patience as the corridor seemed to be endless.

"Okay, what are you planning to do?" He asked the tall ghost.

"Patience, young one."

"I am patient. I don't like your riddles, and it makes me think that I'm not going to like it."

"It is nothing to be worried about, I assure you. We are here, anyway."

Father slowly moved his hand and the door slid open. Danny saw a huge arena, with open roof, and some kind of yin and yang symbol on the ground. Phantom was impressed at the scene. Then he saw that there was a person at the center, namely Anakin Skywalker. The Jedi stared at him.

"What the hell are you doing here, Phantom?!" He asked loudly.

Danny calmly leaned against the railing. "Same reason as you are, Skywalker. Undeniable curiosity. How does it feel to meet my fellow ghosts?"

"Fellow ghosts? You are of one race?"

"Yep. Let's get this over already, Old Man, the guy will tear his lungs trying to shout something to us."

Father let out a gust of breath, which was supposed to be a laughter.

"The trial is simple, Skywalker."

Two creatures flew from opposite ends, and both of them were familiar to the ghost. The dark gargoyle thing and the griffin. Phantom's deduction simply guessed that if Daughter could turn into griffin, then the gargoyle must have been Son. That guy was going to pay for damaging his ship. Wait, there was something in their arms. Only when they descended Danny was able to understand what, or better who they were holding. And he didn't like it at all.

Daughter was holding Obi-Wan, while Ahsoka was held by Son. Dani gasped quietly near her parent, putting her hands over her mouth. Phantom's neon orbs started to shine brighter as he looked at the scene.

"You must leave the guilt behind. I've ordered my children to kill them both. The question is...who you are going to save: your Master, or your Apprentice?"

"He is going to save neither, because you shall release them," Phantom growled, looking at Father.

He wasn't going to let a single drop of his daughter's blood be spilled. No way in hell.

The Old Man barely spared him a glance.

"They are too powerful, Anakin!" Obi-Wan meanwhile shouted. "Save Ahsoka!"

Anakin seemed conflicted, before clenching his fists.

Phantom's hand glowed with red.

"Let. Them. Go," his voice became more echoing.

Once the man yet again refused to acknowledge his presence, Danny lost his patience and unleashed the blast. It hit the wall. Father appeared on the other end of the stage.

"Dani, dear, come inside please."

"Why?"

"Because you don't want to see me angry."

The girl nodded slowly and went inside. However, she immediately peeked out. Phantom was about to do something they all were probably going to regret, charging another blast. Unexpectedly, it was Skywalker who acted. The young man roared and used the Force to grab both of the siblings holding his friends. The very sky became that of the night, even if mere minutes ago it was the morning. The scene kept everyone captivated. The Jedi slowly pushed both creatures in the air, forcing them to let go both of his Master and Padawan. He wasn't done, however.