Chapter 27: Visit on Ilum

The Emperor's short vacation went just wonderfully. His attitude had earned him the sympathy of the Rakata, so they let him enjoy local paradise beaches. His attention was not on them, however. Yes, the sight of his new girlfriend in swimming underwear was most captivating. He had to look after Dani at the same time, and it tore him to do two things at the same time. Thankfully, Komand seemed not to let go of him for long. Danny recalled reading something about yuths' powerful hormones and opened attitude towards their lovers. After keeping so much inside, all of that just poured out like water from the dam. She even seemed fine with cuddling at night. Phantom was fine with it, each time patiently waiting till she fell asleep.

However, the fact that Komand was maybe too close and was wearing nothing but bra and panties didn't help to keep watch out for hormones of his own.

Once his girlfriend fell asleep, Danny usually checked on his another girl. After doing so, Phantom returned to his duties as the ruler and part time inventor. He held the conferences with IRB scientists assigned to creation of the power source for the Star Forge via holocom. Speaking of which, the construction had begun, and half of the Imperial War Ministry's budget. And that was hard to hide, and if the information slipped, it could cause consequences. The project named 'Star Dust' was labeled 'Top Secret', while the spendings were hidden from the public.

The scavenged enormous pieces allowed to shorten construction time and resources. The Star Forge will be constructed in five years, or at least will be able to work. The Emperor had picked a secluded system with a habitable planet and a massive enough star. After all, the Forge needed to be feeden from something.

As the Rakata honored their part of the deal, Phantom went along with his. He solved the problem with crashlanders. Mandalorians were the most cruel of all, turning more and more into usual bandits without their famous sense of honor. Elimination was the only way, the First Legion got rid of them under Phantom's command. Because they didn't care who to rob, even the Imperials and the Republicans sorted their differences to defend against them and succeeded, saving their small unvolunteery colony. As the time went, the colony grew to a village and later a small town.

However, even though the former smugglers didn't care much about the politics and assimilated later, Republicans and Imperials constantly bickered over the issues even centuries later. Each sticked to their own ways, there were two coruling leaders, one was elected by Republican faction, another was appointed by the Imperials' higher circles - descendants of former military leaders. Allying with the last ones, who pledged their allegiance immediately, the Emperor convinced the rest to leave the planet. He had to promise to find them a new home.

Skulker meanwhile interrogated the former director and the mercenary. Even though he somehow managed to crack the two, there weren't many leads. They were contacted either through communicator, or in cantinas. The first thing got his interest, so the hunter barged into the director's home as the Death Troopers, who Phantom trusted immensely, searched his office and other places. There Skulker found a holocommunicator. Nimot had erased the calls history, otherwise they could be replayed and tracked down. When the hunter contacted Danny through the secured frequency, Phantom gave him an advise to check Holonet station.

Skulker followed the advice, and he actually got something. Dates and places. The collected data showed when and from where Nimot had received calls. Since the attack was on the princess, it couldn't be made earlier than she was revealed to the world. Besides the calls made from Krell itself, there were five planets, two of which were largely inhabited. One was a space station in the asteroid field - it could be just an agreement of supplying the factories. However, there were several calls from a remote planet in the Outer Rim. It was not the Imperial territory. Perfect hiding place.