Chapter 26: In search of superweapon

A.N. This chapter seems a bit rushed to me, but there is a pleasant surprise for some of you in the end.

Silence settled in the room. And what was there to say? People found themselves in a peculiar position. If they remained silent, that terrorist was going to kill them. If they responded...Between the Emperor's wrath and a death threat from the armed maniacs they would rather pick the last one. Still, Phantom's rage was a theory, even if an obvious one, but rampant terrorists were standing before the guests. The leader sighed and made a few shots in the air.

"I'm waiting!" He shouted.

No one said a word, so the man decided to change an approach. His eyes fell on Komand, and he grinned behind his closed helmet.

"Well, well, well. Good evening, Duchess. Your father sends his regards."

While Komand growled slightly, Valerie was confused. She did not have time to learn about the Imperial politics.

"Then you probably know what happens if you all but lay a finger on me," Komand smirked.

"Damn, you are right, girl. What am I supposed to do now?" The man tapped on his chin theatrically. Then in a blink he slapped her so hard that everyone heard it. "Ah yes, I just remembered that I don't care because they need my services. If he doesn't pay me, others will. I repeat. Where. Is. The brat."

"Like hell I'll tell you," Komand said through gritted teeth.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, you just have to make it complicated. You care about the girl, don't you? I can't help but wonder, though..." he pointed a blaster at the woman's head. "Alright, princess, come out and no one will be harmed. If you don't, your friend won't come out ali...AGH!"

The mercenary grabbed his leg in pain. He looked to the side and saw Dani with an angry pout on her face. The girl hadn't yet realized how strong she actually was, but nevertheless she hit the man's leg using all her strength, which was that of a champion boxer.

"Stay away from Komy!" She exclaimed.

Komand used the distraction to use the Force push. The man dropped his blaster and was thrown into the wall. His companions didn't know what to do, but Komand had enough time to hide the girl behind her. Suddenly the woman took out the lightsaber out of nowhere.

"Where have you kept this thing?!" Valerie asked.

"You really want to know that?" Komand deadpanned.

The mercenary got up on his feet. "Enough, kill those two and get me the girl," he ordered and took out a reserve blaster.

They opened fire, and the room was covered in multiple red, blue and green blasts. The guests screamed and lied on a ground, hoping that the terrorists won't touch them. And they weren't planning to. Komand deflected several shots back to their senders, flipped the nearest table and hid behind it, Valerie followed and did the same thing. Dani was clutching the yuth woman tightly in fear. How strange is behavior of small kids, one second they kick the terrorist and then fear those same terrorists. Komand couldn't fight with Dani in her arms, but she noticed that Valerie was unarmed. She saw the mercenary's blaster lying on the ground and pulled it into her hand.

"Catch!" Komand called and Valerie took the blaster.

"I've never killed anyone!" The dark skinned woman called.

"Then use the stun mode, there is a switch on the left side."

Valerie did as was told, before peaking outside and firing. Blue ring of energy hit one of the assailants, knocking him out. Valerie's hair got a burn from minor impact from the terrorists. They had to take cover as well now. Komand felt Dani shaking even more.