Chapter 7: Usurper. Part I

The second Danny's duplicate dispersed many light years away, the original one received all the information. He had a week and a half to prepare his subordinates for the open conflict. Danny managed to transport the slaves from the shipyard without revealing his main trump card - teleportation. All this time he was continuing to train both the newcomers and the older ones, also learning about some races' abilities which can be useful.

After all recent additions Phantom counted 101 men and women who were able to fight. At least Danny could say that he had more than hundred soldiers. There were also 26 old, young or weak people. Thankfully, the cave was very big and fit all of them. And the admiral, whose name Phantom hadn't bothered to ask, generously lend them enough food, water and weapons.

The grenades served different purposes, ion grenades disrupted electronics and vehicles, thermal grenades were normal ones, just blowing up everything around themselves. Even light grenades, which blinded the opponents. Danny made his soldiers learn how to aim with grenades by throwing stones in the drawn target, they couldn't waste their weapons.

There was something else, though, blaster weaponry. Haseas told him about the effects of the weapons Danny took from pirates. From his tone Phantom guessed that piercing through isn't what the blasters are supposed to do. No one complained about it, but that was still unusual. Most probably the technologies were different in two ends of the galaxy.

Danny studied the weapons made by yuths, and the technology was indeed different. For one thing, it hurt. He shouldn't have asked to shoot him in the hand. It became motionless and numb for two hours. And it just had to be his writing hand. It shocked everyone that he healed at all, much less so fast. Phantom found the main difference in the weapon structure, instead of battery like in pirates' ones, this blasters had ammo, namely a few capsules full of gas. The weapon sent small charges of electricity and the gas became able to cause harm. The blaster shot with small amounts at the target. It was inert gas, since it didn't mix with the air the second it was released.

The most confusing part was how it was able to harm him. Danny had suspicions, ectoblasts and laser were a focused light, so they had a lot in common. The electrified gas was different, so the harm was understandable. But as long as his core wasn't severely damaged, Phantom will heal from any wound, even if his body will be completely unable to move because of injuries.

But as the others trained, Danny was getting stronger, too. Force abilities were pretty simple to learn because of his enormous potential. One of the exercises was covering his eyes with a piece of clothing and trying to deflect the stones being thrown at him with a stick. He was getting better in this, the Force guided his every movement, but this ability was useless without the lightsaber. Phantom considered making one, but he had a feeling that it wasn't the time. Maybe when the rebellion succeeds he will venture to Ilum to find the cyber crystal, the main component of the lightsaber, as well as the other details.

Phantom also learned some Dark side powers. He even mastered the more advanced form of Force choking, which allowed him to puncture inner organs of his victim by clenching his fist. Danny used it only on the predators who attacked their hideout. It was exactly when he learned that power. Danny decided to use it only in the most dire situations. He wasn't the fan of torture, since he went though one. He didn't like this, he didn't like when people feared him. He wanted only two people scream at the mere sight of him.

Maybe he will use it against his former parents, who knows.

There were also his ghost powers. It was something Danny had to learn by himself. He trained on the planet's moon so he won't reveal where their hideout was. The wail is not working in vacuum, so it was pointless to try. Danny's main objective was to learn the powers Vlad and Dan had. If they could do that, then so can he. On his list were: