p r o l o g u e

If any of you don't know, "weres" is short for werewolf(s).

"Mama, mama, I can't sleep," I whined, "Can you tell me the Blood Alpha story?"

"Honey-"

"Please, please, please? I'm a big girl now, I can handle it."

"Are you sure? It's really scary."

"I'm sure."

My mom tucked me in, ready to tell the story, "Once upon a time, the moon goddess had committed a crime. So her father Zeus, had banished her to earth."

"Why? What did she do wrong?"

"To this day, nobody knows the real reason why she was banished. Some assume that she had helped Zeus' enemies. Others feel that she accidentally released chaos, and that is why there are evil people in the world. Unfortunately, none of us know the truth."

"Oh... I'm pretty sure she didn't know that she did something wrong. But keep going, I want to hear the story!"

"Okay. So, after the moon goddess fell to earth, she met a werewolf named Maximus and fell in love with him. They would spend day and night together and the moon goddess knew that he was her soulmate. However, she never told him who she really was. Soon, Zeus was calling her back. She bore him a child and left, leaving Maximus alone to raise the child."

"What? Why would she do that?"

"She had no choice my darling, when her father called her she had no choice but to drop everything and go."

I stayed silent, savouring the story.

"So you see, Maximus cherished his son, naming him Aegeus, the protector. However, he found that his son was much more powerful than a regular werewolf. He shifted at the age of 5 and regular weres shift at the age of 18. Wen Aegeus shifted, he was pitch black, a colour of coat that weres never got. Maximus was extremely confused, but he continued to raise his child as any other wolf would. As he grew older, it was easy to tell that he wasn't like the others. He was larger, stronger, and more powerful. They started to call his kind, lycans. And as Aegeus found his mate, his children has his exact traits. Wolves from his bloodline were known as the ancients. The Ancients swore to do good, and protect at all costs, but soon, there was one man, who destroyed the peace. He made everyone fear the Ancients through his ruthless descisions, it was none other than the Blood Alpha."

"But, why did he want people to be scared of the Ancients?"

"I don't know if he wanted people to be scared of the ancients. It's rumoured that when he was a young boy, he disappeared. The Alpha of Rouges had captured him. Once he escaped, he turned evil, he would go from pack to pack, destroying everything, and claiming the land as his. Even his mate couldn't help him. They say he killed her for the mere reason that she was a rouge."

I gasped, killing your mate was unheard of. They were supposed to be a gift from the moon goddess.

"That was the last straw for the moon goddess. Even though he was her own kin, she couldn't bear to see all these innocent people die. She cursed the Alpha, taking his lycan away from him. However, she still gave him a loophole, if someone can forgive his mistakes, and find space in their heart to love him, his lycan will be returned. People say that he still walks the earth, searching for a way to reverse his sins."

I stayed silent processing the story, "What's the Alpha's name mama?"

"Alcarus Maximus"

Author's Section

So the prologue is up, what do you guys think??????

Also I wanna get to know my readers more so maybe comment a funfact or smth weird about yourself. I'll start, I am an utter nerd who loves to read. I would ask for books as gifts all the time and now my basement is filled with a ton of books cause I've run out of shelve space everywhere else.

P.s. Another funfact: My new novel "Lykos : God of the Moon" is the Moon goddess's story and if you choose to read it, you'll discover the truth/exaggerations behind this children's tale.

Love you guys,

Meena Krishna