2

Hoseok had finally won the AUX cord over and was blasting music from various hip hop artists. He had a heart-shaped smile on his face. Jimin always smiled when he saw it. It was contagious.

Everyone in the car was singing along and moving their hands and arms in various dancing motions. Laughing, smiling, and having a great time.

These were the times Jimin loved most. He loved to see all of his friends happy and laughing. He deeply cared for each of them, almost like family. Knowing that these were his best friends made Jimin lie back in his seat and smile contently. He couldn't have been happier.

Jin soon pulled up to a broken down and obsolete looking house. All of the boys proceeded to leave the car and stand around a fence that surrounded the house.

The roof was full of holes. The sides of the house had vines growing up them. Windows were smashed and there were what seemed to be burns from a past fire. A large black fence surrounded the perimeter. It had large spikes at the top of it.

"It's surprising they haven't knocked this old place down yet." Jungkook said. "I'm sure most workers are too afraid to." Jin said, earning an intrigued look from Jimin. "Afraid? Why would they be afraid?" He asks.

"You don't know the legend about this place?" Jungkook, Jin, and Hoseok ask almost simultaneously. Jimin simply shakes his head. "No, what's the legend?"

Jin sighs a bit, then begins speaking. "Well, decades and decades ago, a man and his wife lived here peacefully. As they moved in, they searched the entire house for any old items the previous owners had. Eventually, they stumbled upon a ouija board in the basement. The couple were young like us and looked for adventure constantly. So, they decided to use the board. They made contact with a spirit that called themself 'T'. The couple had asked several questions, but once they were finished, they never ended the conversation properly. The spirit saw this as an invitation into their lives and terrorized them for years. It caused problems physically, mentally, and emotionally."

Jimin was skeptical. He never really believed all the ghost stories he heard. And this one sounded just like any other he'd heard.

"They say that the man eventually became possessed by the spirit and was forced to murder the wife. After a few days of grief, sadness, and depression, the man committed suicide. He couldn't deal living with this entity anymore. The police eventually found their corpses, and it was all written off as a murder-suicide."

Jin had finally ended the story. Jimin was still skeptical. Hoseok and Jungkook just stared at the house in wonder and awe. "Yeah, right. There's no such thing as ghosts. It's all just a hoax." Jimin said, not seeming convinced.

"Oh really?" Jungkook asked with a smirk on his face. "Then why don't you go up and ring the doorbell?"

Jimin became shocked. Sure, he didn't believe in ghosts or demons or anything of the supernatural nature, but there was still something eerie about the house.

"Ah, look at his face. He is scared." Hoseok chimes in, earning a laugh from Jungkook and Jin. "No, I'll do it. Just to prove you guys wrong." Jimin said, feeling brave.

Jimin pushes his way to the fence gate, and opened it steadily, trying not to shake. He closed the gate and walked up a sidewalk pathway that led directly to the front door. He stopped halfway there, hesitating on moving any more than he already had.

"Scardey-cat!" Jin yelled from behind him. Jimin took a big breath in and continued to walk up to the dilapidated house. He reached the front door and stood there for a moment before turning to face his friends. "Do it!" Hoseok yelled.

Jimin tolled his eyes and flipped the boys off, laughing along with them. He pressed the doorbell and head a loud chime from inside the house.

After a few seconds, the sound died off and Jimin once again turned to face the boys. He had a smug look on his face. "Okay, now it's your turn, guys." He said, seeing the boys' eyes widen.

Jimin laughed and headed back to them, walking a bit faster than usual. "Damn, you really did that." Jungkook said as Jimin arrived back with them. "It's not true, I told you."

"You seem pretty confident in that." Jin said, crossing his arms and smirking. "Yeah, what about it?" Jimin asked. "How about you spend an entire night in the house?" Jin asks.

Jungkook and Hoseok let out a rather loud "Ooohhh!" together. Jimin scoffs at Jin. "I've proved my point already. There's nothing in that house." Jimin said, turning his back to the boys.

Suddenly, Jimin hears clucking noises. He turns to see the boys acting like chickens and making chicken noises. He can't help but laugh a bit. "Okay, okay, that's enough. I'll take your stupid dare." He said.

Jin held out his hand and Jimin shook it. "There's no backing out now, you know that, right?" Jin asks. "Why would I back out? There's nothing to be afraid of."