He nods, "I’m just trying to find out why these coyotes or wolves are attacking these random people.”

“Maybe they have a common factor.”

“Like?”

I shrugged, “You’re the cop not me.”

“Your right.” He says as he turns around to his safe that sat on the floor inside of his file cabinet. Punching in a code, it opens with a click as he reaches his hand down and grabs a little box that I knew was a box of bullets.

“Dad? Are you putting yourself in danger?”

Locking the safe back up, he shake his head, “Of course not sweetie.”

Worried filled my eyes as he says, “Oh Annabelle.” Walking over to me he hugs me tightly to him as he says, “I’m going to be okay, you know that I will be.”

Holding him back I say, “I know, I just hate when you have to walk into dangerous situations. Why couldn’t you have been a bank teller or a top in bartender?”

He laughs, “Because sweetheart, those don’t really pay the bills and I need to make sure that everyone in this family is covered, meaning your mothers shopping habit, your brother football stuff, and your book habit.”

I smiled, “Still sucks that you risk your life every day.”

Kissing me on my forehead he pulls back and says, “I’ll be fine sweetheart, I promise you.”

“Pinky swear?” I say extending my pinky.

He nods as he smiles, “Pinky swear.” Locking his pinky with mine he hugs me once more before walking out of his office.

-------------------- 

Walking down the hall I watch him walk out the door as warmth covered my back. Looking up then around I walked to the back door. There leaning against my backyard swing stood Harry wearing a long sleeve sweater and jeans. His hair was in its messy curls, as he folds his arms looking up at the sky. Opening the door I walked outside.

“Is your phone broke?” I asked.

“No,” he says as he looks at me, “Why?”

“Because you never call, you just pop up.” I say.

He smiles, “Well considering the fact that you can tell when I’m near I figured you’d know.”

“But what if you come and I’m in the shower or something?”

“I’ll hear it, and wait till you’re done.” He winks, “Unless you want company.”

I rolled my eyes as I walk to him. Stepping just a few feet from him, Harry meets me as he opens his arms and wraps them around me. Laying my head on his chest, I sighed as I took in the night air.

“Where is your dad headed to?”

“Crime scene, there was another attack.”

He nods, “Yeah I heard, Nick said it happened this morning.”

“Why is Louis and the rebels attacking people? Is it really because of that alternative way to find the Gem.”

Pulling back Harry looks at me, “And what way is that?”

“Calum told me about the whole killing innocents to find it.”

Sighing he runs a hand over his face as he says, “Sit?”

I nod as he sits on the swing, taking my hand to pull me sit next to him, with my legs over his.

“Killing innocents will help them find the Gem, but it only will narrow down a certain area.