Part 17

{Dianne}
"JOE GET UP!!"
Sighing, I trudge upstairs. Of course, I think to myself as I see him sprawled on his front on the bed, fast asleep. It wasn't even me who wanted to be up at this time, although it is 9:30, which isn't even early. Joe told me last night that we need to be ready to be out of the house by 11, and to make sure that he's up by 10. Even just thinking about last night gives me goosebumps- surprising Joe, the hugs, the kisses. Then the best part. He told me he loves me. All I remember is standing shock still for what felt like hours, but was probably seconds, before he kissed me. Then I pulled away and told him that I love him too. Honestly, it was magical. Then I watched him present the rest of the show, and we came back to his place. To be fair I might as well live here now anyway; most of my stuff is here. Joe grunting makes me remember why I came up here in the first place, so I stride over to the curtains and yank them open, bathing the room in golden light.
"Joeeee get uppppp!!" I repeat, before thinking of a master plan. A few weeks ago I'd seen a small water pistol in a random drawer. The kind of water pistol that's tiny, with brightly coloured clear plastic. The sort of one that everyone had when they were little, but didn't really know why or where from- and I know exactly which drawer it's in.

{Joe}
"Dianne I swear if you shoot that thing one more time!!" The back of my neck is dripping; the water she's shooting me with is freezing, I swear it's got ice cubes in it.
"Then what, Joe? If I shoot you one more time, then what?" Even though I can't see her, I can her the playfulness in her tone, and can tell she's trying to wind me up.
"You don't want to know." I mutter. So she shoots me again, unsurprisingly. As soon as the water hits my neck I jump up and grab her waist; her trying to run away when she had pressed the trigger clearly didn't work.

Running over to the bed, I drop her and pin her down, so her arms are either side of her head held down by my hand, and her legs are held down by mine.
"Or this..." She screams a little.
"Joe I'm sorry no!!" I stare at her, genuinely shocked. I haven't even moved a muscle. It wasn't a playful scream either, it was a scared scream, filled with fear. A scream to mirror her face right now.
"Di what's wrong?" Quick as a flash, her face changes, and she's back to the happy Dianne that I knew two minutes ago. After deciding that it isn't worth the arguments and tension of asking her, I instead whisper in her ear
"I meant this..." she's still tense, I can feel how stiff her neck is. But slowly, I lean forwards and kiss her lips lightly, before pulling away, our faces still only inches apart.
"I thought it was going to be bad, Joe, if I would've known it was this I'd have got the water pistol out hours ago!!" She manages in between her giggles.
"What, did you think I was going to like..." I trail off as she glares at me, then realise that I'm still holding her down. She wriggles out from underneath me and walks out of the room.
"We need to leave soon, or that's what you said last night". Managing to mutter some form of reply I sit there thinking. That was weird. Really weird. Now is not the time to ask, I know that, so I make a mental note to go through it with her. By the look on her face, it's something that she's been hiding for a while.