Part 4

{Dianne}
Looking into joes sparkling blue eyes, I know he's telling the truth. We're just stood here, hand in hand, staring into each other's eyes. No awkwardness at all. This is how it should be. Before I know it, our faces are almost touching. I can feel his heart beating against my hand on his chest. Like mine, it's slowly increasing. Are we really going to do this? I've been dreaming of this moment since, well, since before we were partnered, if I'm honest.

{Joe}
Her breath is hot on my neck as she looks up at me. She's so cute. "ALL STRICTLY CREW TO BACKSTAGE IN 5". Damn. We both take a step back, laughing.
"C'mon Joe that's us!" Says Dianne, grabbing my hand and running along the corridor. I run with her smiling, I can't help it, her happiness is so contagious. Well, to me at least.

{Dianne}
I can't hide the smile on my face, I feel like the Cheshire Cat, apart from with much better hair, of course. We arrive at the backstage door and I drop Joe's hand. We share a knowing glance. Even though we aren't anything, and nothing has happened, we're still closer than we should be. Walking through the door my heart is still racing, not from nerves, but from excitement, excitement that isn't necessarily to do with the dances we are about to perform.

{Joe}
Is she always this beautiful? I startle even myself. Cringe, Joe, cringe. Dianne catches my eye in the mirror, making me blush. She probably can't see that anyway thought, I'm wearing so much damn makeup. Also, I swear she's been in that chair for at least 3 hours...

{Dianne}
Will he quit staring at me? Ever since his makeup has been finished he's sat behind me looking at me in the mirror. I catch his eye and smirk, and he looks away. Caught red handed. We're sitting in hair and makeup for the last time, and my stylist is just finishing my braids. She puts the second one over my shoulder.
"All done!" I turn round and hug her,
"Thanks so much." I know it's her job, but I always feel like I should thank her, she's so amazing. I nudge Joe with my foot and he looks up,
"Costume time!" He gets up and walks ahead of me.
"Joe wait for me!" He speeds up down the corridor. I can hear him laughing, he knows I've got little legs, this is so unfair!!
"Joeeeee" I wish I could be serious with him, but I'm giggling again. Joe runs back and throws me over his shoulder, then turns back down the corridor towards costumes. I'm laughing to the point where I can't breathe properly.
"Joe put me down put me down!!" I squeal, tears of laughter streaming down my face.
"What, you're not enjoying the ride?" He asks, putting me down. We catch each other's eyes and burst out laughing again as the door swings open.
"I thought I heard you two, it's about time!"

{Joe}
Me and Dianne share a look. Yup. If the costume director is becoming worried about time or anything, then it really must be an issue. Dianne draws an imaginary halo above her head. Pffft, she's certainly no angel in terms of time, it's her fault we're this late in the first place! I shake my head and roll my eyes at her, pushing her through the door. Despite my efforts to remain serious, the corners of my mouth tug up into a smile.