chapter twenty-seven

Haru's POV

I feel a tap on my shoulder, gently shaking me. "Haru, wake up."

I feel Jungkook brush my hair away from my eyes, instantly waking me up. What the heck?

"What is it?" I mumble, and he chuckles.

"You'll see. Come on, get up."

I rub my eyes, slowly sitting up. I watch as he paces around the room, grabbing some things here and there.

Does he think I forgot about last night? If he does, he's wrong. Way wrong.

I glance at the clock, and my jaw drops. "Jungkook it's noon! Why didn't you wake me up sooner? We have so much of our project to finish!"

"We're not working on the project today," he says approaching me, "Today, we're doing whatever you want." He bends down next to the bed until his vision is leveled with mine.

I stare at him, confused and still in a sleepy daze. "What?"

He laughs, "You're so cute. Come on, get up."

I sigh, getting out of bed. Jungkook, what are you up to?

• • •

We arrive at a large mall, cars filling the entire parking lot. Jungkook pays the taxi driver and we get out. "What are we doing here?"

"Shopping. For you."

I sigh. "Why?" I feel myself getting frustrated. Yes, it's kind that he's shopping for me, but if he's doing it because of yesterday night, he's only making things worse.

He smiles, "You really don't know?"

I shake my head. "No."

He sighs, "Birthday girl forgot her own birthday, huh?"

I stare at him, confused. "Is today really my-" I pull out my phone and check the date, and sure enough, it's my birthday. "Well, we don't really have to do any of this."

"Of course we do. Come on," he takes my hand and leads me into the mall, crowds of people at every corner.

We approach a giant board with a layout of the mall. "So," Jungkook tilts his head towards it, "Where do you want to go first?"

I cross my arms and shrug. "It doesn't really matter to me."

He bites his lip, squinting his eyes in thought. "Why don't we go to Gucci?"

My eyes bulge out. "Gucci? Jungkook are you crazy? We don't have that kind of money on us."

He shrugs, taking my hand in his again. "Anything for the birthday girl."

He leads the way, a gentle grip on my hand.

Why is he doing this? Why is he acting so different today?

Yes, it's because it's my birthday, but what else? Who is he trying to get the attention of? What is he even trying to do?

A million questions roll through my mind as my gaze lingers on him, his chocolate hair gently brushed back, his creamy, inked skin looking soft and dewy in the hazy light coming through the windows.

Ugh, what the heck. How does he have the power to still make me so attracted to him even after everything that's happened?

The only guy I had feelings for in the past ruined me. And I knew he wasn't good for me, so I told myself to give him up and move on. And I did.

But how come I can't doing this with Jungkook? Is it because of the times that we've spent together? The little things that he does that fill me to the brim with joy?

Or is it because the "feelings" he has for Taera aren't really feelings? Maybe my conscious is trying to tell me that everything is just a misunderstanding.

Maybe what Namjoon said was true. Maybe the kiss was one-sided. After all, I don't remember seeing Jungkook really doing anything. He wasn't the wild one, it was Taera.

And something tells me that Taera would go so far as to doing something like that to make me jealous.

This could all be possible.

Or it couldn't, and I'm making a complete idiot out of myself.

Either way, my feelings for him surely aren't going anywhere.

{ A / N }

another chapter written at 2 am🤠