chapter twelve

Jungkook's POV

I'm playing with a small stuffed bunny when Haru comes out of her closet, now wearing a cropped sweater.

She looks at me and giggles, "Ah, I see you've met Bun Bun."

I smile, "Bun Bun? That's what you named it?"

She smacks my arm, taking the bunny away from me and placing it back on her bed. "Don't make fun of its name. My parents gave it to me when I was like four and I just kept it with me since."

"Aw, that's cute. But you should've named it Jungkook. I don't know about you but I think that name is absolutely gorgeous," I say, winking.

She roll her eyes, clearly trying not to smile. "Shut up. Now come help me pack since that's what you're here for."

I ignore her and fall back onto her bed. "Can I sleep first?"

She scrunches up her face, "You're so annoying."

She walks to her dresser and starts rummaging through the drawers, pulling out several different pairs of outfits.

"How many clothes are you taking with you? Your entire dresser?" I lean back against the headboard, bending one leg inward.

"Enough to satisfy me."

She takes out a burgundy sweater and places it next to two pairs of jeans, one pair black and one pair white. She tilts her head, biting her lip in concentration. Woah.

I start fidgeting, heat taking over my body. The longer I stare at her biting her lip like that, the more I feel my pulse quickening.

Finally I blurt out, "What are you doing?"

She looks up, confused. "What?" She licks her lips innocently, not knowing what she's doing to me.

I gulp, "What are you-why h-have you been looking at that shirt for such a long time?"

She smiles, "Oh, I'm trying to decide which pair of jeans would look better with this sweater." She holds up the shirt and jeans next to it. "Which pair looks better to you?"

"B-Black. The black ones," I respond, mentally forcing myself to calm down.

She raises an eyebrow, an action that makes me go wild. "Are you okay?" she asks, and I quickly nod.

"Yeah, uhm, where's the bathroom?"

"Down the hall and to the right," she responds, clearly still confused. I quickly get up and leave the room. Gosh dang it Haru, what have you done?

• • •

Haru's POV

I'm folding my clothes, placing them neatly inside my suitcase when suddenly my phone rings. Taehyung.

"Hello? Tae?"

"Haru~" he sings, making me smile.

"Yeah? What's up?" I keep my phone pressed against my ear with my shoulder, as I continue to place things in my suitcase.

"So, there's good news and bad news."

"Okay, what's the bad news?"