chapter fifteen

"We are now landing at the Jeju International Airport. Please remain in your seats until further notice."

I yawn, waking up from a nap. I glance at Haru who's fixing her hair, then glance at the apple juice bottle. A few sips remain.

"Did you enjoy your apple juice?" I ask, and she smiles.

"Yes I did, thank you very much," she giggles. She seems to be in a better mood than before, bringing a smile to my face.

She looks at me for a moment, squinting. "Wait a minute."

"Did you just realize how handsome I am?" I dramatically run my fingers through my hair.

Her eyes widen. "Did you dye your hair black?"

"Wow did you really just notice?" I ask, laughing.

"I was so caught off guard this morning I didn't even realize."

"How does it look?"

She tilts her head. "It looks good. I think I like it more than the red."

"Yeah, me too. It was nice while it lasted but-" I pause. Oh no.

A wrenching pain clenches my stomach, making me clutch my fist over it. Haru leans closer to me, eyebrows knitting together. "Jungkook? Are you okay?"

A strained sound escapes my mouth as I try to unbuckle my seatbelt.

"Jungkook? Jungkook what's wrong?" Haru asks, panic lacing her voice. She grips my arm as I stand up, black dots coating my vision.

I don't say anything and rush to the bathroom. I hear a flight attendant tell me to sit down, but I don't listen. I swing the door open and lock it shut, feeling my stomach heave. The black dots slowly begin disappearing as I retch into the toilet.

Red droplets pour from my mouth, my stomach aching. A cough forces it's way through my throat, bringing out more specks of blood. I flush the toilet and stand up, my whole body trembling.

I rinse my mouth out, tear drops falling into the sink. I turn the water off and wipe my tears with trembly hands, but they keep coming. My breaths come out shaky and ragged.

I try to slow down my rapid breathing, taking deep, slow breaths in and out. Come on buddy. Just keep pushing forward. Everything's gonna be okay.

After I feel myself calm down, I open the bathroom door. I see Haru with confusion and terror coating her face. She firmly takes my hands in her's, "What happened to you?!"

"I just threw up. I get sick easily on airplanes," I lie, trying to keep my voice as steady as possible.

"Stop lying, Jungkook. Just tell me the truth. What's been going on with you?" I notice her voice falter, and I feel a lump in my throat.

"Haru, I've just been sick lately okay? It's nothing big."

"I know that you're lying Jungkook, just tell me the truth so I can stop worrying about you." She pauses before saying, "Please." It comes out strained, and a tear rolls down her cheek.

I can't tell her. I just can't.

I stare into her worry-filled, sparkling eyes before huffing. "Park Haru," I start, gripping her hands harder. "I promise you, I'm not as sick as you think I am. I'm going to be okay, and everything's gonna get better. I promise." My hearts breaks, knowing that I just told the biggest lie to the most precious person alive.

She stares at me for a moment before letting go of my hands, her composure loosening. "Fine, I believe you. But if anything else like this happens, I'm taking you to the hospital. No excuses."

I brush her tears away, blinking away mine. "Let's go now, okay? No more worrying about me."

She nods and starts walking ahead of me. I'm so, so sorry.

{ A / N }

another short chapter, sorry!!

the next few chapters will be like this too. but don't worry,
they'll start getting longer again!