Pirate England

Requested by Niallsgirl68

The sky was a dark and ghastly shade of gray as rain poured in heavy torrents from the clouds above. The wind blew at high speeds and the waves crashed wildly around the pirate ship that had suddenly gotten caught in the bad weather. The storm had seemingly come out of nowhere, and preparation by the crew of the ship had come too late. As a result of this, the ship's crew were now hurriedly trying to do everything they could to get through the storm safely, whether it be tying down loose objects that could get thrown off of the boat or adjusting the sails. 

The captain of the ship, a well-known pirate by the name Arthur Kirkland, observed his crew work. He occasionally called out orders to them and offered help here and there, all the while trying with all his might to keep his composure. No matter how hard he tried though, it wasn't working that well.

As a legendary pirate captain, Arthur had experienced a lot in his time, and he had dealt with and survived many storms at sea in the past. However, this one had caught everyone on the ship completely off guard and no one had been prepared. Normally this wouldn't have put Arthur into such a severe state of panic in the past, however now whenever the ship got caught in a storm such as this, he found it hard to not feel frightened, as he now had the one most important thing in the world to him on this ship. His daughter, (Name).

He tried to convince himself that everything would be fine. After all, (Name) was in his quarters, safe and out of the downpour. He was saddened by the idea of how frightened she must be, being alone in this situation, but he had told her that he would return to check up on her throughout. She seemed to understand that he was needed above deck too, so she had told him that she would try to be brave as she huddled underneath the blankets of his bed.

Remembering that, Arthur called out to his crew and told them to continue what they were doing. He then swiftly turned and walked through the rain to reach the inner part of the ship. He let out a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding as he shook some water out of his hair. His outfit was completely soaked, and a puddle of water was forming around his boots on the wooden floor.

That was the least of his concerns at present, however. He made his way to his quarters and knocked on the door to alert (Name) of his presence.

"(Name) dear, are you alright in there?" He asked.

There was no reply. Perhaps she had fallen asleep, regardless of the terrifying predicament the ship was in. He grabbed the handle and pushed the door open, expecting to see his child curled up under the covers and fast asleep. His heart sped up and his breathing grew ragged however as he saw that his daughter wasn't anywhere to be found.

"(Name)? (Name)! Where are you love!?" He shouted.

He frantically checked the entire room, flinging open the doors to closets and checking under the blankets and the bed itself. He ran a hand through his hair in worry, she definitely wasn't in here. Then where had she gone? He rushed out of his quarters and began checking everywhere else in the inner part of the ship. Much to his dismay, (Name) was nowhere to be found. That only left above deck on the outer part of the boat.

"Bloody hell, calm down Arthur. You're a legendary pirate captain, you've handled situations like this before. Everything will be fine, (Name) is probably safe with a member of the crew above deck" he told himself as he felt himself growing increasingly panicked. He hurried up the stairs and burst through the door out onto the deck. His eyes darted around frantically. His crew was still working to keep the boat together during the storm, and he saw (Name) with none of them.

Then, out of the corner of his eye, he saw her. Much to his horror, however, little (Name) was standing right at the front of the ship, holding onto the side as tightly as she could. The wind had picked up tremendously, and the ship was now moving in uncomfortably dangerous ways. Arthur was nearly thrown to the ground several times as the movement was making his balance unstable. He had to get to (Name), he just had to, so he pushed onward as the boats violent swaying knocked people off their feet and sent the small amount of remaining loose items flying about.