Iceland

Requested by APH_Nordic_Greenland and midnight1298

The smell of freshly cooked food drifted through the air in the kitchen of a quaint home. A blonde man stood at the stove, finishing up with preparing what he was going to serve for that day's breakfast. He transferred the food onto three glass dishes, then set them down on a wooden dining table. The man was in a slight rush throughout this process, for he had somewhere to go and he did not want to be late. The man took a quick sip of coffee out of a purple mug with the Norwegian flag printed onto it then made his way out of the kitchen to fetch his younger siblings. He walked down the hall in search of his brother and sister and paused when his younger brother, Emil, stepped out of the living room. 

"Breakfast is ready Emil" The blonde man, Lukas, stated. 

Emil wordlessly nodded, and made to move past his older brother. Lukas turned and looked at Emil walk away for a moment then continued on to get his younger sister. As Lukas passed by the stairs leading to the upper floor he noticed the girl walking down the stairs. When the child looked up and saw her brother she smiled brightly and jumped into his arms, giving him a hug.

"Good morning big brother!" The little girl said cheerily.

"Good morning (Name)" Lukas responded, a smile gracing his features. 

Lukas then carried the youngest sibling to the kitchen, where Emil was already seated and eating his breakfast. Lukas put (Name) down on her chair and then sat himself. He and (Name) then began to eat, a silence momentarily falling over the family. Lukas broke the silence however, when he decided to inform his brother and sister as to why he had been in a hurry that morning. 

"I have a meeting to go to today, so I'll be gone for a couple of hours. I need you to go to the store while I'm gone Emil, and watch (Name) of course. I left a grocery list on the counter" 

"Alright" Emil replied simply, shrugging his shoulders.    

Young (Name) smiled brightly at this and looked over at Emil.

"I get to hang out with big brother Emil all day!" (Name) exclaimed, her (Eye Color) eyes sparkling.

"More or less" Lukas said with a chuckle.

(Name) giggled then went back to her food. Emil smiled slightly and continued to eat as well. A couple more minutes passed and Lukas finished his food, quickly putting his plate in the sink and grabbing his stuff that he would be taking with him. He ruffled the hair of both (Name) and Emil and bid them goodbye before walking out the door. 

That left just (Name) and Emil. Emil ate the remainder of his meal then placed the plate in the sink as well, then did the same with (Name)'s when she was done. He then glanced over at the shopping list and picked it up, reading what was on the paper. 

"Go get ready (Name), so we can go to the store" Emil said.

(Name) nodded and hopped off of her chair, skipping out of the room and upstairs. Emil went to get ready as well. A few moments later both siblings were back downstairs, standing near the front door. Emil picked up a small jacket from a hook on the wall and gave it to his sister.

"Here, it's chilly out there" 

"Thank you!" (Name) chirped, taking the jacket and putting it on. She then opened the front door and skipped outside towards the car. Emil made sure the door of their house was locked before following (Name) to the car. (Name) climbed into the car and Emil did as well, after making sure (Name) was buckled into her seat. With that Emil pulled out of their driveway and started to head towards their destination. 

When they finally made it to the store, Emil got out and opened the door so his little sister could get out too. Once out of the car (Name) took her older brother's hand and the two entered the store. (Name) smiled and looked around at her surroundings while Emil scanned the shopping list. He walked over and grabbed a shopping cart then began to trek up and down the aisles, collecting all the things Lukas had wrote on the list. 

As they walked (Name) looked up at her older brother. She smiled. She was happy she got to spend the day hanging out with Emil. It's not that she didn't spend time with her brother much, it's just usually Emil was off on his own reading or doing homework or something like that. She still spent time with him, it's just she spent more time with Lukas rather than Emil. Her thoughts were interrupted however when Emil walked into the candy aisle. (Name)'s eyes immediately began to look at the wide variety of candy that was available for purchase. She stepped closer to the shelf, picking up a bag of her favorite candy. She looked over the bag for a moment before looking up at her older brother. Emil was grabbing several bags of black licorice off of the shelf and placing them into the shopping cart. After setting the last bag in the cart he looked down to find (Name) looking up at him, a bag of candy in her small hands.

"Can I please have this big brother?" (Name) asked. 

Emil took the bag from his sister and looked at it, then smiled softly and placed it in the cart as well. (Name)'s eyes lit up and she clapped. She then hugged her brother, which resulted in him leaning down slightly and ruffling her hair. 

After their trip to the candy aisle, the two siblings got into the check out line. Emil payed for their purchases then grabbed the bags and (Name)'s hand and walked back to the vehicle. Emil placed the bags in the backseat with (Name) then got in the car so they could return home.  

Upon their arrival home Emil carried all of the bags to the kitchen and emptied them with (Name)'s help. Once that task was complete (Name) smiled up at Emil once again. 

"Let's go hang out Emil! And eat our candy!" (Name) stated.

Emil chuckled at his little sister and grabbed a bag of licorice and the bag of (Name)'s candy.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Emil asked.

(Name) nodded her head and dashed to the living room, jumping onto the couch. Emil sat down next to her, opening her bag of candy and handing it to her. He then searched the television for a movie they could watch. Once he found one that he and (Name) agreed on they sat back and watched the film, while also eating the treats they had got at the store. 

The two siblings spent the rest of the time happily hanging out together. They watched the movie, read books together, and colored in (Name)'s coloring books. Emil showed (Name) some of the music he liked and (Name) made a bead bracelet for Emil. They even spent a little time talking to Mr. Puffin, Emil's puffin friend. At one point through all of this Lukas returned from his meeting to see his younger siblings getting along and smiling together. He smiled at the sight. 

All in all it had been a fun day, and (Name) was happy that she spent the day with her big brother Emil.