Chapter 21

Heyoooo, Huge thing happening, hope you enjoy! Here's the next chappy.

Kim's P.O.V

I shut my front door, lost in thought.

Jared had kissed me.

I was feeling three different emotions, happiness, sadness and fear. I was joyous that Jared had kissed me, it was my first kiss and it had lived up to my expectation, the fireworks weren't a joke. I felt upset that the whole imprinting thing had compelled Jared to kiss me, which in turn, made me insecure and I was scared for Jared's safety. I felt like I was going to spontaneously combust with these torrents of emotion.

I walked into my room, not focused on my surroundings. All those thoughts crashing against each other in my head, fighting to be the dominant thought. In the end fear won and I found myself worrying about Jared, anxiously chewing my lips until they were bleeding.

I slept fitfully that night, tossing and turning, dreaming about ruby red eyes and Jared's dead body, bloody and bones grotesquely sticking out. I woke up early the next morning, still feeling tensed.

I tried distracting myself but all I could think about was Jared and the ongoing fight. I was also scared for my newfound friend, Leah's life, fuck it, I was scared for all their lives, even Paul Lahotes. I felt so useless, sitting at home doing nothing.

I tried thinking about something else and found solace in thinking about my mother. She had finally cracked and admitted that she was seeing someone, although his identity still remained hidden. In fact, they were on a date now. He was going to surprise her, on the location of their date which was adorable and cringe at the same time, as this was still my mother we were talking about. She seemed so happy and excited. She was going to ring me later on the details of the surprise.

'And if your heart stops beating, I'll be here wandering to get what you deserve, the ending of your life and if you get to heave-'

I answered my phone, coincidence that my mom had rung me just when I was thinking of her.

"Hello mom! How's the date?" I asked eagerly.

"Oh Kim it's so romantic. He's taken me to a picnic at the clearing near Forks, you know where we went camping once, near the big willow tree?"

My heart stopped beating. That was the clearing that the fighting was going to take place. Jared had warned me to steer clear of there.

"Mom listen to me, you have to come back," I said urgently.

"Why Kim?"

What do I say? Evil vampires are there? My heart was beating erratically and fear was gripping me tightly. My mom was in danger.

When I stayed silent, I heard my mom sigh, "Look Kim, I know it's strange that I'm with another man for you but I'm happy, I'll try to finish this picnic quick, I gotta go sweetie, battery is about to die."

"No mom!" She had disconnected the call. I desperately called her back but her phone went into voicemail.

Terror as I had never known had taken ahold of me. What do I do? Jared or none of the others had taken their mobiles. Call the police? What would I say to them?  I would sound crazy. Go there myself? Jared's warning flashed through my mind, be safe he had said. But what choice did I have?

I could be quick, the fighting may not have even started yet. Quickly go by car, the distinctive willow tree was hard to miss, I could feign an illness and get them to come back with me. The whole affair could be done within twenty minutes.

Jared had told me that vampires had acute hearing and smell. They would find my mother no bother, if I didn't go now!

I stumbled to my front door only grabbing my keys and a jacket. I didn't care what I looked like, I needed to save my mom. I sprinted to Miles' house which was close. I asked to borrow his car, trying to appear nonchalant. Miles didn't notice my alarm.

I thanked him, I was an inexperienced driver but nonetheless, I could drive. I drove as fast as I could, to the most dangerous location.

Jared's P.O.V

Everyone was tensed. I could feel it in the atmosphere around me. Even the Cullens had solemn expressions.

"Three minutes," said the pixie like Cullen, the one who had the gift of foreseeing the future. We were all in a straight line.

'Focus completely on the battle ahead. Have each other's backs but essentially focus on yourself,' Sam's last advice rang through all our minds.

My senses were on hyper alert and adrenaline was coursing through my veins.

"Now," the clear soprano voice rang out and within a second, shapes were blurring towards us. Cullen's and werewolves alike were anticipating the new borns. I spotted a leech, no more than sixteen years old but attacking the face of a girl threw me off. I meandered around her and latched onto a male, snarling and snapping. The parasite grabbed my hind legs, trying to push be off. We rolled around on the ground, biting and scratching. His razor like teeth bit off a chunk of flesh on my leg.

I howled and lunged for his throat. Within seconds he was a carcass. Tossing him aside, I briefly surveyed the area, everyone was engaged in a fight but Sam was fighting two parasites, growling fiercely. I sprinted to help him and kill the next newborn.

I'll update another chapter soon enough, I'll try to have it done in a week or so. I'm just sooooo busy with school it's unreal and Kim's ringtone was 'Dead' by My Chemical Romance, great track check it out bye!;)