Chapter 11

Sorry for not updating in like forever! My internet got messed up :( I'll update 3 chapters that I've been writing to make up ;)

"I've never seen someone eat so much," Jared commented.

We were currently in Burger King and I was eating to my hearts content.

"Hypocrite much?" I asked eyeing Jared's plate.

"Are you sure you're ok?" the inevitable question was asked and I groaned internally. I just wish my dad's death could be erased from my mind, it hurt too much.

"I'm fine," I said in a clipped tone.

Jared didn't buy it.

"Kim, how about we go somewhere else?"

"Swear to god Jared you're a terrible influence, making me skip school and all," I smiled half heartedly.

"Where do you want to go?" Jared smiled.

"Anywhere that would be distracting to keep my mind off this," I mumbled.

"I know!" Jared's face brightened but then his expression fell, "No too dangerous."

"Dangerous? Oh that sounds distracting," I shot Jared a questioning look.

"I would be there with you but still..." Jared seemed uncomfortable.

I was curious about what he was talking about so I shot him my best puppy dog look.

"Fine," Jared sighed in defeat.

"Yay!"

We got up to leave, the waiter waved at Jared batting her eye lashes and gave me the death glare as we were exiting. Jesus, bitch much?

****************************

"Yup you're a bad influence," I confirmed looking down. We were currently about to possibly go plunging down to our deaths. Ok maybe I'm over exaggerating it here. The waves crashed against rock, just 10 metres below us, Jared chose the lowest area to jump from. All the other guys would jump much higher.

"Ok I'll go first, Are you sure you want to do this?" Jared asked slipping off his shirt.

Do not stare. Do not stare. Do not stare.

"Hell yeah," I said enthusiastically averting my gaze from Jared's muscular torso.

Jared took a step back and gracefully dived into the sea. I looked down anxiously and his head bobbed up two seconds later. "Come on!" He encouraged.

Now I was scared, what the hell was I doing? Somehow Jared being down there made me feel safer and without thinking I jumped.

Coldness embraced me, ice snaked up my veins. Wow it was freezing. A strong hand gripped me and I surfaced, drunk on adrenaline. I grinned at Jared, blinking the water out of my eyes.

"Again!"

****************************

We were sitting with our legs swinging over the edge looking at the sea. I was soaking wet, after the three more dives but Jared was practically a radiator, so I wasn't cold.

I suddenly sighed, "This imprinting thing is really a nuisance for you isn't it Jared?"

"Kim why the heck would you say that? Even if this imprinting hadn't happened I still would want to hang."

Lies you rejected me before.

"Thanks though, you helped clear my head," I said sincerely meeting those beautiful eyes.

How could someone love someone like this? Why don't we get to choose the people we want to like? Why does it happen with the people we have no chance with? In the end you just end up with a tear streaked face at night and masscara smudged all over your face.

Woah Kim don't go down this road now, especially when he's right beside you.

"Ok, I gotta go now Jared."

"Where?" Jared frowned.

"Miles, Sarah and Lisa are taking me shopping," I smiled, my friends were probably worried sick wondering where I had gone.

"Where are you shopping?" Jared looked tensed now.

"Seattle."

"No." Jared said flatly clenching his jaw.

It was my turn to frown now. "Why the hell not?" I asked.

"You have heard of the disappearances right?"

"Jared, I'll be with the gang and I doubt anything will happen to me," I scoffed.

"You are not going."

I had to admitted the stoic expression and concealed anger was kind of scaring me.

Jared noticed my expression and blew out a long breath. "Its vampires that are causing the disappearances," he explained bitterly, getting up to get into the car. My eyes widened and I followed him. What in the actual fuck? Vampires! Just wow.

"Are you serious?" I questioned getting seated.

"Doubting me babe?" Jared mocked.

"Babe? I'm gonna let that one slide Price but don't vampires come out only at night? It's pretty sunny."

"Firstly that's a myth secondly did you just call me Price my surname?"

"It's either Price, dog or dude," I smirked.

"Fine I'll publicly embarrass you by calling you babe in front of everyone," Jared retaliated playfully, all sign of anger or worry gone.

"You can't," I grimaced thinking of everyone's reaction.

"The you won't go," said Jared all serious now.

"I can't just cancel plans," I whined.

We were nearing my house.

Jared furrowed his eyebrows then his expression cleared, "I'll come with you then."