Chapter 20 (1 Harry Potter spoiler, read at own risk).

Depuis le début

Oops, I thought that was internal.

"Yes, yes you did," I responded, passing Jared the pop corn and pointing at him to follow me upstairs.

"Oh the good old days when I thought you were normal Kim," Jared muttered.

"The good old days when I thought you were emotionless but really you're just a softie," I retorted.

I heard incoherent babble behind me, sounding something like "I'm not a softie."

We entered my room, I set the food down and put the film into the DVD player.

" Kim I'm only an innocent 17 year old, you're ruining me by inviting me in your room," Jared smirked.

I actually blushed.

"You're so mature," I said, and maturely stuck my tongue out at him.

It was the best Harry Potter marathon, I ever had. Jared got so into the movies it was unreal, he had to ring his dad to say he would be late home so that he could finish the marathon. I watched over this whole transition with pride and when I was crying uncontrollably at Dobby's death, even Jared had slightly bleary eyes. Aww, overdose of cuteness.

Next thing I knew, I opened my eyes to my phone alerting me that battery was low, damn phone. I picked it up and it was only 7:30am. I turned around in my bed and came face to face, with large feet. I jerked up, at my feet was Jared, he had fallen asleep on the opposite direction to me. Wait, he had fallen asleep on my bed!

What the f?

"Jared!" I hissed.

"I'll hit you Paul," Jared murmured sleepily.

" Jared, wake up!" I shook him hard. "What! Where!" Jared pried his eyes open, "Kim?"

"You fell asleep you douche," I accused, what would my mom think?

"Don't call me a shower," Jared yawned, stretching himself, his joints popping.

"It's Monday, a school day," I realized but before I got ready I had better explain this situation to my mom. I got out of bed, Jared had fallen asleep again. Typical.

I trudged downstairs, my mom was in the kitchen drinking coffee and ready for work. She must have a morning shift today.

"Mother darling-"

"Sorry I didn't wake you two, it's just that you both looked so adorable!" My mom gushed. I blinked twice, how much stranger could you get?

Other parents wouldn't have allowed it.

" I made food for both of you," said my mom ignoring my dumbstruck expression. I silently grabbed the plates of beans on toast and returned to my bedroom.

"I smell food," mumbled Jared, and opened his eyes again. "What the f?" Jared finally bolted up and realized that he had finally fallen asleep in my bed. "Woah Kim, you really did corrupt my innocence."

And that was how I got Jared to watch the Harry Potter movies.

************************************

I got closer to Leah because Jared had suggested that she tutor me for my end of year exams. I was freaking out about failing but she was really smart. Leah wasn't a bitch, she had just had a shitty life. Breaking up with Sam, her father dying, her unwillingly turning into a werewolf. She had so much potential and she'd often talk to me about leaving La Push sometime.

When I wasn't spending time with my friends or studying with Leah, I would be cliff diving with Jared or watching a film with him. My friends were convinced that we were secretly going out. I wish.

School ended, and everyone was feeling blissful that exams were over. Today, Jared had allowed us to jump from a higher point. I really had a knack for cliff diving now and was beginning to think that I was an adrenaline junkie. After diving a few times, I was soaked to the skin. My hair was plastered to my head and I was shivering.

"Let's get you home," Jared suggested.

I agreed reluctantly. The drive home was quiet, Jared seemed to be focusing hard on something so I didn't interrupt him. In ten minutes, we had reached my house. Jared and I got out of the car. Today I planned to have a Lord of the Rings marathon. Jared abruptly stopped in front of the door.

"Kim.."

"Yes?" I asked, troubled by his somber expression.

"Tomorrow is the fight against the newborns, in the forest clearing, we have to leave for there today, this is the last time I see you until the fight is over."

A lump was lodged in my throat and my heart was clenched. This was going to be so dangerous. What if something happened to him!

"You have to be safe," I said weakly.

Jared smiled gently, making my heart thud unevenly, "I will but you have to promise to stay at home all day tomorrow."

"I will." Don't cry Kim. Don't cry. I forbid you to embarrass yourself in front of him.

Jared's hand brushed a stray lock of hair behind my face. Now my breathing was shallow. I read the intention in his eyes a second before it happened. His arm circled around my waist and reeled me closer to him. I was completely frozen. No coherent thought was flowing through my head. His other hand rested on my cheek, and he tilted his head down, his warm breath fanning on my face. I wasn't cold anymore from the cliff diving, I was warm all over. He finally pressed his lips onto mine. The strangest sensation was budding in my stomach and I couldn't breathe properly.

His lips were soft, gentle at first but became urgent in the last second. He pulled away all too soon, breathing heavily and pressing his forehead on mine.

"Be safe," he whispered again and left me, motionless and confused on my front porch.

Tehee;) vote and comment