Chapter 21 - Broken Heart

Cassandra

I paced up and down my room feeling more confused than ever.

It all started when I got home from school and the same thing happened with Eva again.

Mom had tried talking to her but she wouldn't answer any of her question's.

It was like she was broken.

I missed my happy, energetic sister who always had a bright smile on her face and wanted this sad, mopey girl to go away.

Then, once that was over I started to text Bella again.

I hadn't seen her since we talked on the phone about how James asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes.

She was super weird about it and then the call ended.

I assumed that maybe her phone died so I waited a while for her to call back but she never did.

I had the fleeting idea that maybe she had hung up on me but I dismissed it and shoo'ed it away just as fast as it came.

Bella was my best friend and she would never just hang up on me for no reason...

Right?

Speaking of Bella, I still haven't figured out what was up with her and James the other day.

And I needed to find out fast, Can't have my best friend and my boyfriend at each other's throats all the time, can I now?

After I finished all my work I had some free time so, I texted her.

I waited a couple of minutes but got no response so I texted again.

This happened over and over again until it got to the point where I was just spamming Bella in the hopes of getting an answer.

And I did.

But it wasn't one that I had expected.

After around my 30th text (I was aiming for 50 before I would give up) Bella sent something shocking.

She typed, "We" are done.

There was even an angry emoji to go along with it!

Which leads back to why I'm pacing up and down like a crazy person.

'Why would Bella say that?'

'Did I do something wrong?'

'What is up with everyone nowadays???'

All these thoughts buzzed around my brain and made it hard to think.

I and Bella had been so close ever since we were practically in diapers.

And I couldn't bear the thought of her being mad at me. It hurt too much.

Just as my head was about to explode, my phone dinged.

I nosedived onto my bed with only 1 question circling around in my head.

'IS IT BELLA?!?'

I picked it up and immediately went to my messages but the tab that had Bella's name was empty.

Instead, the blue dot that showed my latest message notifications was on an unknown number.

Curious, I tapped on it to see what it said.

I saw a: