Chapter 28 - Cinderella

Cassandra

After James had left me standing on the school stairs feeling like a total jerk and a complete idiot I was certain my day could only get worse.

...

Until I remembered I had chemistry that morning.

'Andrew would cheer me up. He always knows how to, even when he doesn't realize it.' I thought to my soaking wet self as I headed down the hall in the direction of my chemistry class. I was drenched in rainwater and had to be careful whenever I turned a corner so I wouldn't run into James accidentally, my paranoia running on overdrive. I don't think he'll want to see me for a while.

As I thought about Andrew my mind drifted to we would become of us. Sure, I might have broken up with James but Andrew was still with Victoria. There was no way I could have him with her still in the picture.

The mean dark and twisted part of me hissed back. 'What do you mean have him? You barely even deserve him! What do you think people will say when they hear about how fast you moved on from James onto Andrew? They'll think you're a terrible person that's what!'

My heart sank a little bit because I knew that there was some truth in that statement.

I reached the door and was about to turn the knob when someone turned me around from behind and planted a light, sweet, innocent kiss on my lips. I recognized who it was immediately.

The last time I had a kiss that was as soft and warm and passionate as the one I was getting now was last night. So it must've been Andrew. And as much as I would have loved to stand there and kiss him until the cows came home, I knew I couldn't so I reluctantly pulled away.

Andrew let out a disappointed hum but I shushed him softly, all the while playing with his many blonde curls, a newfound habit of mine.

"You can't just go kissing me anytime you like, you know?" I half scolded him. He flashed me a cheeky, adorable crooked smile in return.

"And why is that, hm?" He asked, mischief evident in his voice. I twisted the ends of my own hair nervously. "Because everyone still thinks you're dating Victoria." I paused, then continued. "And the fact that you are indeed still dating Victoria," I muttered, disappointment laced in my tone.

But Andrew only smiled wider at me. "Not for long!" He beamed. I was slightly surprised at his reaction. I didn't expect him to be so happy about a breakup with someone he had been dating for so long. I thought he actually loved her. I guess I was wrong.

My eyes widened in disbelief. "Seriously??? You broke up with her? And you're still alive?? Well, what happened?" Andrew laughed.

"I haven't broken up with her yet but trust me, by the time today is over, I and Victoria will be done with forever."

He stepped closer to me and said in a low husky voice almost whispering in my ear "then I can kiss you all I want." The feeling of his hot breath against my skin sent shivers down my spine. Ugh, it was so hot and I have no clue how I was able to keep my composure but I managed to do just that.

"Like I'd ever let you." I attempted to scoff at him but it came out as more of a squeak than anything else.

"I have my ways..." he started in the same husky voice that I loved so much and then, proceeded to set my skin on fire by kissing me just below my earlobe.

He kissed me from my ear to my jawline to even my neck. But every time he got close to my lips and I could feel the anticipation building up inside of me he would always drift away again leaving my excitement to dissolve into the dust. It drove me insane. Andrew was such a tease sometimes.