Chapter 44

The sullen skeleton like man scorned, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Another excruciating day had passed, pain beckoning him from his slumber, the cursed man had seen and felt it all. Genocide, suicide, murder in cold blood. At this point his weary bones scratched against his flesh like sandpaper. A metallic tasted loitered in his mouth, eyes bloodshot, ears perked up in anticipation of the underworld's next victim.

He was the grim reaper.

Eternally cursed to harvest the venomous souls of all who had wronged the deities.

When their alone, shattered bodies took the final breath, he was there. Watching over them, their pain merging into his own.

Cries of sorrow, pleas of mercy. The reaper stood in the shadows, mused at their futile attempts to make amends with the cruel creators, who simply turned a blind eye. These sinners were alone now. And Sol waited.

Once the psychically blinding pain-which boiled his blood, disabled his sight and cut his breath short, had melted into the pit within his mind, the excruciating withering now only existing in his psychological state, it was time. The outcast would approach his fellow, lifeless form dragging the remains into realms of terror. The underworld was designed to crush any man's soul, the mere sight enough to leave him in cowering into the corners of his mind, a psychotic break.

Sol icily glared at the indifferent man which stood before him, all but one.

"Did you have to burn your insides?" He grumbled, groggily rubbing his own patchy skin.

"An honest mistake" Damien replied, almost mockingly. "I had forgotten you felt the death of all those miserable assholes like yourself"

He received a  croaky cough in response. "Your death, Damien"

"I'm aware of that" His son irritably shot back. "I'm a miserable asshole too, of course" He paused, gritting his teeth. "You made sure of that"

Damien grimaced at the look of his father's face, he almost felt pity to the creature before him. However, the image of his former self thrown into a pit of enchanted sickly blood, helplessly spluttering, drowning, kicking and screaming until death made its presence was too engraved into his mind, the trauma ran too deep, the scar eternally scorched into his soul.

The mere image of the man who he called his father was enough to set his seething anger alight.

He felt no compassion towards him, moreover, the Gods has felt the same way, cursing Sol with this fate for the powerful, malicious beast he had awoken within his son. A creature fit with the divinity of a God. This is what enraged the power hungry immortals. And it was with this rage, the jealous deities plotted his destruction which ultimately resulted into their own downfall.

Blind sighted by fear, jealously and rage, each God had played a hand within the murderous plot. However, the what they failed to acknowledge, the nature of Sol's construct. His attempts of creating a war machine meant the enhancements of the naturally born hybrid's previous characteristics, this included every spell, every prayer bestowed upon him.

Although, there were very few. His mother, on her death bed pleaded to every God and every being above to provide her son the will and strength to overcome his abusers. And this small fact is what translated into the Damien Black which stood before his father today, his cold unmoving glare set in stone.

The Omnipotent beings all attempted to destroy him. They fuelled his strength, by providing him with a replica of their own. Damien overcame his abusers, just as his dying mother had intended.

He was no longer a creature fit with the divinity of a God. No, the unfathomable Alpha was far more than they could comprehend, far more than he could comprehend.

~~

"Aria" He paused, tasting the words in his mouth like a spoonful of honey.

Lolita felt a lump form in her throat as the mysterious ghostly man waved his finger, dismissing his guards, the mere movements itself rolling waves of anguish and death into the air, the thick atmosphere suffocating the petrified girl.

"Come here" The pale figure encouraged, his contrasting fiery hair flopping to a side. His dark eyes glistening with a coppery light. Hesitantly, Lolita pushed herself towards him, each step growing heavier than the last, the closer she shifted the more haywire her vision became. Nevertheless, the petite girl advanced towards the dangerous figure, blowing her cover would result into far more harm than this.

"You smell, interesting" The crazed man pondered. "I don't smell mutt on you, but" He sniffed the air again, although a Vampire's sense of smell was not as particularly heightened as a wolf's, the predatory beings evolved to depict the nature of an individual. "I don't smell human neither" He added in confusion.

"How old are you?"

"16" Lolita murmured. This was a lie, however she knew revealing her true age meant revealing her true identity too.

Lolita's captivator seemed pleased with the answer. "You haven't come of age yet" he stated in a mater of fact monotone. "What are you?"

"I'm a vampire" Lolita confidently shot back, perhaps he would take pity on his own kind.

"Parents?" He questioned.

Or perhaps Lolita hadn't thought this through, it wouldn't take much for him to see past her lies and murder her on the spot.

"I don't have any sir, I" She paused for empathsis whimpering slightly. But the cool palm on her back took her by shock and she shifted upright uncomfortably.

"It's okay" The vicious predator murmured in a somewhat empathetic tone. "You've clearly been through an ordeal today" As if on cue, two guards advanced through the door. "Show her to a guest room" he declared before turning his attention back to the beauty in front of him. "We'll continue our talk tomorrow"

The guards approached the girl. Careful to handle the girl with care, gently escorting her away due to the harsh glares from their king. Confusion plastered across both of their faces, the king never asked questions, trespasser? Dead. Yet the warmth and small breathing emitted from this girl highlighted that she was in fact, very much alive.

~~

"Well, damn" Isaac mumbled, pulling Vivian into his hold.

"Oh don't be so dramatic" Steph sneered. "He'll be back"

"Back? I get you see him as a God and everything, he is your Alpha but I hate to break it to you, people don't just raise from the dead. He's not Jesus" The angered wolf spat, grasping onto Vivian, irritated at the indifference within Damien's Beta, he should be comforting his Alpha's sister, developing a plan, this hopeless denial did not please him.

The king, currently pacing further fell into his inner turmoil, his last chance of reviving his family had recklessly taken his life. His wolf was beyond seething.

Faint crackling resounded within the distance, the flustered individuals too lost in their dismal failed to sense this. A canopy of golden light blinded them all, dragging their attention to the source of this.

Isaac dropped to his knees, his dry humour escaping his mind as he was met with the impossible. Met with the one who defied the inescapable nature of death itself.