Chapter one: Starts Off Fine

England's pov

I never looked forward to another day at hell- I mean school. It's Friday but still. I don't like being dragged away from my mom and dad... I want to stay at home with them! Home is much nicer than this place too. I mean I guess I have a few friends but that's all really. When will seventh grade be over? Like I said, I wanna be home. Though I guess I have to put up with a whole day of this crap. I walked past my classroom door and France immediately started waving me over. He always liked it when I walked in, although I still have to put my stuff away first. I finally sat down at my desk and France greeted me nicely. I said hi back and let my head fall on the table.

"What's up?" I heard him ask.

"Oh nothing. Just tired..." I tried to respond, I could hardly sleep last night. France pushed me a little like he always does when trying to get my attention. I look up at him and smiled slightly. Me and him had been close friends since the day we started kindergarten. We knew almost everything about each other and the teachers had a hard time keeping us apart. They knew that we were so close and that's why they never let us work together. It sucked but we see each other plenty so it makes up for it. I looked next to me and saw Japan talking with Korea. Japan is another close friend of mine but not as close as France. The only other one that completed my small circle of friends was America. He was into a lot of sports so sadly we can't hang out much after school, but I consider him close. Sadly, it was time to go to my first class, and of course it had to be math... What made it worse is that I completely forgot my homework at home. I did it, but I don't have it! Mr. Karpusi probably won't even believe me when I say it's done but at my house. All my teachers seemed to do that... The only friend I have in that class is Japan so at least there's that.

Time skip

Why? Why?! I swear my math teacher can be relentless sometimes! It's Friday and he gives us all a five page packet on a subject we JUST went over today! Ugh... Whatever, maybe I'll wait till Sunday night and blow through it like I always do with homework like this. That usually gets me by. Anyway, next class? Oh right, science with my "might be emotionless" Norwegian teacher. seriously, one time this kid was eating during a lesson and started choking. This guy just paused mid sentence, looks at the kid, walks over, dully asks "Are you choking", does the heimlich maneuver, and just goes back to talking. That guy scares me... Though enough of that. I walk in and notice that France who usually sits next to me, isn't there.

"Did he get sick and go home?" I wondered. It seemed odd, he looked fine just an hour ago. I sighed and took my seat. Japan's in this class with me too but we're on opposite ends of the room. Mr. Bondevik then told us that we would be drawing trees for this class. Yeah, this is a normal thing at school. Drawing fricken trees. It's hot outside too! Though I don't really have a choice do I? I grab a notebook and pencil and head outside with the rest of the class, looking around for France anytime I could.

I was trying to shade myself by leaning up against the building while I drew this sad little stick tree. I bet the people passing by in cars were just loving the sight of a bunch of thirteen to fourteen year olds sitting on the grass drawing trees! Still tired, my eyes started to close and I really considered just falling asleep. Like, someone can just carry my sorry ass back inside right? Or just leave me there I'm good with either. Though before I could, I heard someone sit down next to me and say my name.

"Is that...?" I opened my eyes to see France smiling at me and looking like he just ran around the track.

"France! Where did you go?!" I asked, mostly just happy my best friend was with me again.

"Oh, I had a short appointment with my therapist."

Now I remember... France would sometimes disappear to see someone about his depression. He really doesn't show it though, I want to help him I really do, but he just won't let me. At least I know someone's helping him.