"Last chance, Stone." He says, sending a quick, disgusted once over my way. "Four extra hours today. Get to work." He says deeply. A relieved breath escapes my lips. I nod hurriedly, and when I spin around on my heels, I roll my brown eyes in annoyance - before heading toward the ER.

-

"She suffered from Chronic Lung Disease. Her pulmones wouldn't stop secreting fluids...she began to bleed internally. I am truly sorry, Mrs...." A doctor's voice withers the further I step out of the waiting room. I exit the vast archway, and lean my back against the cold wall in the desolate hall. I carefully throw my head back, and take in a deep breath. I look down after pulling out my cell, and check for the time after a long, tiring day.

5:00 p.m. I had to meet up with Rio and my sister six hours ago. And I never even squeezed in the time to call her. I run a tiresome hand through my hair, and begin to dial Ann's number. I bring up the phone to my ear. "Hello?" She answers, her voice doesn't sound as piping as it usually is - her tone is off, foreign, almost. It takes me back to the look on her pale face the moment Rio told her what I did, the moment I told her what I did. It wouldn't surprise me if I officially lost all of her trust.

"Hey." I begin softly. "Look, I'm sorry I didn't show, I didn't even have the time to call because Smith was being his usual self and...I'm sorry, Ann." I breathe, hearing my sister quietly sigh over the line. Afterward, the moment is silent, awkward. I bite down on my lip in wait; unsure of the next words. But finally, Ann breaks the deafening silence over the phone line. "It's cool." She states, still low.

"Besides, the gangbanger and I kind of already talked about it." She adds, and in turn my brows furrow in confusion. "He told me what happened. From the written address to the ring and how it all lead to you...burying Jack. I didn't want to believe it, sis..."

"He told you that?" I interject. "I mean..." I take in a sharp breath. "What else did he say?" I breathe. Ann is silent for a sliver of a minute, before she spills. "He, somewhat, implied that murder wouldn't occur again between you two...or that he won't kill again, that sounds a bit less odd than the first one." Ann corrects herself in a murmur. "Also, he told me about you two. You guys are like, together together?" My brows instantly raise at her response. I frown - my heart races.

"I...um..." I purse my lips, and clear my throat. "Where is he, now?" I ask, shifting the subject. In turn, Ann hums over the line. "I don't know. After he showed up at the diner for the meeting that was suppose to happen, he just left, after he told me everything I just told you." My sister explains, that is, just when my eyes flick up to see an all too familiar frame stood across the room - as if right on cue.

The gangster stands with his hands folded, his lips twitch the second my eyes land on him. My lips part, with my cell still held against my ear. "I'll call you back, Ann." I say lowly.
"What? But what about-"

"I found him." I interject. "I'll call you. Love you." I breathe, and end the call before she speaks again. With my back still against the cold wall, I straighten on my own two feet - my eyes never peeling from his. The gangster's brown irises glint as he watches my every move; I make my way slowly toward him.

My feet kick ahead of me slowly, my heart hammers in my chest. I approach him, and stand inches from his mere taller frame. His fresh scent envelopes me, his aura is overwhelmingly consuming.

Rio holds my gaze, searching either of my brown eyes. His full lips part. "Long day?" He questions, huskily. I softly suck in a breath, and nod in return. I watch the gangster lick his full lips, seeming to suppress a smile. He gestures toward the glass doors behind him with his head. "Let's get you home." He says smoothly, while I'm afraid he can hear my unsteady heartbeat from his close proximity. I have so many questions for him; what did he tell Ann, exactly? And did he really tell Ann that him and I are...together? I've thought about us, of course. But what does he think of us? Maybe I'll receive all the answers once we get home.

But when I do, whatever he tells me, will I be able to take it all in? Am I prepared to hear, whether it be relieving or the worst, what he has to say?

Rio turns as I follow into step next to him. Just before we exit the building, I feel the comforting warmth of his arm rest across either of my shoulders as we head out.

---

OK, lol I did not intend for this chapter to be so long...my apologies! Unless it's the more the better ;)
Next chapter will not be anywhere as long, though, I intend.

Hope you enjoyed!!!!! Love you all,

With much love,

xx