44

Victoria

My back slams against a hard figure as I'm pulled around the corner of the corridor in my house. Everything is blurry when I feel a warm hand cover my mouth. "Shhh..." I'm hushed, still struggling to gain my breath as my heart hammers from the unexpected grip someone has on me. "I got you." I hear the familiar, comforting voice of Rio as he whispers against my ear. "I got you." The gangster repeats soothingly. My heart merely pounds against my ribcage - before there's a twisted stab of something I fail to reach; when I'm drawn from a rather dark abyss.

My brown eyes jolt open, instantly flicking up to the blank hotel ceiling above me. I catch my breath, and in perspiration, I sit up with the support of either of my palms. I blow out a heavy breath, while running a hand through my damp hair. A dream of him, really?! I bite my lip and shake my head to myself, before throwing myself back onto the queen size mattress again. On my back, I swallow. I want rest...not torpid torture of the gangster appearing in my mind every time I doze off!

I close my eyes, and after moments of restless shifts and turns on the silky bedsheets, I finally fall asleep, again. However, peacefully.

--

Once I'm wide awake and after I settled for pancakes for breakfast - I examine what I result in the full length mirror; my slight curves not concealed from the light blue bikini I wear. I take in a breath, before making my way out of the hotel room and skip down the grand stairs to get outside. On the crowded shore, my toes sink into the warm sand below my feet, as the breeze is not too heavy, and courses lowly, perfectly. I pin back my shoulder length hair into a messy, puny bun just to get it out the way. Walking on the beach - I try avoiding every possible seashell that could gift me a couple stitches on my bare feet...that's just how I've always been.

I think about jumping into the calm waters, but I can't quite consider. It's too crowded, families and couples surround the area, and I begin to feel their energetic auras. Instead I purse my lips, while watching about. Plenty of people are floating on the still surface of the ocean, alongside few that are running, or walking the beach as I am. "Hope your enjoying your stay." A familiar voice merely startles me, and I spin on my bare heels that sink into the sand. I meet the eyes of bow tie guy. Except this time, he's not in his usual fancy-dancy white button down shirt, no, for now he wears swim trunks only. Which is totally not peculiar, this is a beach...

He smiles. I offer a small smile in turn. "Yes, I am." I nod, and he does the same before showcasing a frown. His arched brow perches when he points at me. "You haven't really been out on the coast much, have you?" In turn I raise my brows. "No, actually. I just started coming out for walks yesterday. I figured it was my fourth day here and I still haven't managed to yet, so..." I smile. The guy smiles, while looking over me to observe the crowded area. "I saw you the other day, you were looking through some magazine, I think? I was fetching someone a bowl of strawberries, of course, but I saw you. Annnd I think you saw me...pretty sure the pretty lady made eye contact, before her gaze quickly looked away."

I suppress my chuckle, and purse my lips. "I think I did, and I'm sorry. It's just that I remembered you kind of asked me out and I...I was pretty blunt. I'm sorry, but I couldn't do anything that-" The guy shakes his head hurriedly in turn, before he speaks. "No, no. I completely understand, really." He beams a friendly smile. "It's totally cool. I am glad I found you out here though. I was kinda needing a partner in our volleyball game that's about to start, if you wanted to join?"

I peek over his shoulder, to the clique of tanned teens and younger kids in conversation by the volleyball net. I meet his eyes again. "Hm...maybe if the participants wouldn't mind me stealing you for a friendly drink...?" I smile widely. "By the way...got a name, stripper guy?" I question in curiosity. "Isaiah." He informs after booming a chuckle.

--

I narrow my brown eyes at Isaiah's own pair, as he holds a shot glass of tequila in the barstool next to me. "Never? You've never watched The Vampire Diaries? The O.C? Pretty in Pink? Anything that's a world known hit in America today?!" I question, my brows raised in surprise. Isaiah shakes his head in shame, taking another shot. "Nope." He answers. "Although I might have heard of The O.C." He hiccups. "I think. Isn't that where the emo kid gets adopted into this rich family and..." He seems to enter a train of thought, when I shake my head and begin to laugh.

"Um, he wasn't emo? At least I don't think so..." I chuckle, taking my fourth or fifth shot of the cold tequila. Isaiah lets out a humorless laugh, before running a hand through his black, ruffled hair. He meets my eyes. "Give me onnne sec. I'm off to the bathroom!" He dismisses himself, hopping off the barstool. I send a nod before I take down another shot glass.

I fiddle with my empty glass, listening to a random, typical bar song begin in the background. While I'm listening, I make it out to be Girl Crush by Little Big Town. My jam. I curl my lip, suddenly craving another shot of tequila. Beside me, I hear someone take the seat that was once Isaiah's. I hear the new person next to me clear their throat as I gesture the bartender for another drink.

"After days and days, I finally come across you." An all too familiar, low voice begins by my side, and I turn to meet the blazing brown irises of Rio. I hitch my breath through parted lips, unsure of what to say. How is he here? Am I...dreaming? I watch his full lips curve upward. "I hope you don't think I came for no good reason." The gangster shakes his head in his leather jacket, with his hands folded on the wooden surface of the bar. "Nah, I came to get you, sweetheart." Rio's tongue sweeps across his lips as he watches me, deliberately. He reaches in front of to me to grab my shot glass, demolishing and swallowing down the drink the bartender just poured. My eyes don't peel from his.

Afterwards he licks his full lips again, and searches my eyes. "I don't really see how you would've ever thought I wanted you gone, darlin'. So what's it gonna be? You comin' or what?" He asks huskily.

---

The mannnn. ;)
Thanks for reading!

Q: Do you like the beach?

Vote. Comment. Share.

Much love,

xx