♔ EIGHT ♕

TUTOR    EIGHT

TUTOR  ♔ ♕  EIGHT

"who are you?"

corbyn stood frozen in his spot, staring at the woman who, for whatever reason, looked somewhat like jonah.

"u—um, i'm corbyn. i—i'm tutoring jonah?" corbyn threw all of his confidence into those six words, those two sentences. after that, he didn't know what he would do.

"oh really now?" the lady asked as if she didn't believe him. her disgusted glare made corbyn feel self conscious about everything, from his worn-out shoes to his bleached-blond hair.

all corbyn could do was nod at this point. his eyes unwillingly stared at the floor no matter how many times he told himself to respectfully face the woman.

the lady frowned. "jonah didn't tell me anything about—" she was cut off by a loud voice that seemed to resonate through the whole house, startling corbyn so much that he jumped at the noise.

"what are you doing here, mom?" corbyn could easily tell that the voice belonged to jonah, who apparently had just entered the kitchen-living room area.

his hair was wet and slightly falling in his face, signaling that he did indeed take a shower. and if corbyn was being honest, it was a good look for the boy.

"you never told me anything about a tutor, jonah..." mrs. marais crossed her arms over her chest as she stared holes into jonah's head.

"oh, you mean like how you didn't tell me that were coming home today?" jonah cocked an eyebrow as he, too, crossed his arms.

it didn't take a genius to notice the rising tension between the pair. at this point, corbyn wouldn't mind if the ground just swallowed him whole.

"you know what? it doesn't matter. come on, corbyn. we should start working," jonah hissed as he took corbyn's wrist and dragged him through the many hallways and up a large staircase—a different one than the one in the front of the house.

"you have two stairs?" corbyn wondered aloud, confused about the practicality of it.

"yeah, people don't come here often so i use it to avoid my parents," jonah admitted, unconsciously moving his hand down to take corbyn's own in his grasp.

corbyn blushed. as cliche as it sounds, he was trying so hard to ignore the swarm of butterflies that formed in his stomach from the small gesture.

"and by people, you mean...?" corbyn trailed off, unsure of how to phrase the question.

"oh, right... well, we usually have maids and butlers and chauffeurs, not that i ever use them, and they usually go home whenever one of my parents get back, so i guess they're gone for now," jonah answered truthfully.

"interesting..." corbyn muttered beneath his breath, bringing a small smile to jonah's face as him and the blond continued their small talk before reaching jonah's room.

"this is it." jonah slowly pushed open the door to his bedroom, nervously anticipating the younger boy's response.

corbyn walked in and scanned the place, smiling as he saw that the room was filled with childhood photos of jonah, trophies of some type of sport, a guitar, and a skateboard that was most likely only used when jack came over. the furniture looked expensive, but the decorations gave a good contrast and made the room look less posh and more laid-back.

"it's... cute," corbyn said, walking over to the desk that sat in the corner of the room and picking up a picture frame.

inside it was a photo of a boy he assumed to be jonah, smiling widely with a baseball bat in his hands and a helmet on his head. the helmet was obviously too big for him, as it slipped down and covered his eyes from view. corbyn inwardly "awed" at how cute baby jonah was.

"you play baseball?" corbyn turned his head to look at jonah who was leaning on the doorway, looking down with a blush on his cheeks.

"yeah. well—i used to. i stopped when i was 13," jonah explained quickly.

corbyn nodded before putting the picture back and fully turning around to face the brunette. "we should probably get started."

"oh, yeah. we—we should," jonah was a mess, he truly was, but corbyn decided to ignore it as he watched jonah grab his backpack and sit down on his bed. "you can either sit on the bed or at the desk."

corbyn opted to sit on the bed—not because he wanted to be closer to jonah, but because it would be easier to help him if he was closer. at least, that's what he kept telling himself as he placed his bag on the floor and took out his math textbook.

"so, math..."

lmao what is this
also not edited oops-