♔ THREE ♕

TUTOR    THREE

"so, corbyn, what's currently going on in your life?" christina said, starting up a conversation after she ended her call with the principal

"nothing much," corbyn said with a shrug before picking up a four-piece kit kat bar and tearing open the package.

"well, sit down and have a chat with me. my day's been boring as hell, as per usual," corbyn giggled at christina's words, sitting in the spinny chair next to her. "but seriously, nothing juicy? nothing at all?"

"nope. my life's been pretty normal recently," corbyn said with a smile.

christina wasn't convinced as she squinted her eyes skeptically at corbyn. "are you sure? no special girls or anything?"

"no. no, no, no. god, no!" corbyn hastily shook his head with wide eyes.

"any special... boys?" christina smirked with a slight nudge to corbyn's side.

"chris!" corbyn whined as he felt a blush form on his pale cheeks.

"ooooo, that's not a no! spill!" christina urged.

"like i'm gonna tell you anything," corbyn muttered.

corbyn crossed his arms and turned away from her as if he was trying to prove his point. but he's eventually going to end up telling christina anyways, whether he wanted to or not.

"are you favoring corbyn over us?" a cocky voice broke through the playful air that the two had formed.

"of course i am. now please tell me!" christina begged.

"no!"

"yes!"

"nuh-uh! not happening."

"corbyn..." christina whined.

silence followed her words as corbyn considered telling her, just not now in front of both jack avery and jonah marais.

especially jonah marais.

"fine, i'll tell you later," corbyn conceded.

"you're coming in during your free period, right?" christina questioned.

"yeah, yeah. not like i have much of a choice," corbyn said sarcastically, even though they both knew he was happier talking to christina rather than going to the crowded library.

free period would have been much more enjoyable if him and daniel seavey, his one and only friend, shared it together. instead, corbyn resorted to spending his time with christina. the library during free period was always packed with kids doing last-minute studying or half-hearted homework assignments.

"um, hi. is this the office?" an unfamiliar voice that corbyn had never heard before ended his and christina's back-and-forth bantering.

"yup! how can i help you?" christina asked.

"i'm new here and i was told to go to the office on my first day," he said shyly.

"oh, that explains why principal quincy couldn't get to those two right away," christina gestured towards the two delinquents that sat waiting to talk to the principal. "i'm christina, by the way, and if you would follow me, i'll be showing you to the principal's office."

"thanks," the new boy murmured before following after christina, trying to keep up with her quick pace.

"so... princess has a crush?" jonah asked with a smirk.

"oh, shut up!" the blond averted his gaze to christina's desk as a warm feeling spread across his entire face.

corbyn would be lying if he said that the nickname didn't affect him. it caused a blush to form on his cheeks and butterflies to fill his stomach.

"c'mon, you can tell me. i won't tell a single soul," jonah promised.

"it's..." corbyn quickly stopped himself from revealing the truth. "it's our lord and savior, jesus christ."

"alright, boys, the principal will see you now. i hope you have a good first day, zach," christina said as she emerged from a hallway with the new kid, now known as zach, in tow.

"thank you," zach murmured before slipping through the office doors and into the empty hallways.

"thanks for the candy, christina. if mrs. king calls and asks why i took so long, tell her you had me photo copy some papers, alright?" corbyn asked as he stood up and also made his way towards the door.

"yeah, i got it. see you later, corbs!" christina rushed out so corbyn could here her before the door closed.

the room was now silent, differing greatly from the chaos that was going on only moments before. christina glanced down the hallway to see jonah's receding figure before looking back to the door that corbyn had just used to exit the office.

"i've gotta get those two together..."

i feel like this book is moving too slow, it's taken me three chapters to get through one day...