♔ FOUR ♕

TUTOR FOUR

corbyn's week went by quickly, the days blurring together until they finally reached friday

corbyn's week went by quickly, the days blurring together until they finally reached friday. he was walking to the office to pay christina his daily visit during his free period, excited to tell her about his latest achievement; scoring a 103% on his math test. the extra credit really came in handy this time.

"christina! you'll never guess what—oh," he cut himself off quickly as he noticed christina and principal quincy having what seemed to be an important discussion.

"it's fine, corbyn. i was just leaving," mr. quincy sent a smile in corbyns direction before quickly standing from his seat, turning to leave before stopping himself. "actually, i have a question for you."

corbyn nodded, a nervous half-smile forming slowly on his face. "what is it?"

"do you know someone by the name of jonah marais?" mr. quincy asked, eyebrows knitting together slightly.

"yeah, i've heard of him," corbyn replied. he tried to keep his cheeks from tinting red, but could only hope that he was succeeding.

"well, he needs some help in a few classes, so i thought about getting him a tutor. i was discussing this idea with christina, and she suggested that you should be the one to tutor him," mr. quincy's eyes held a certain devious twinkle to them that went unnoticed by corbyn.

"o—oh, i—uh. y—yeah, i—i'll tutor him," corbyn stuttered out.

"wonderful. mr. marais should be here soon, but in the meantime, i'll be in my office," mr. quincy quickly rushed out of the room.

christina silently snickered, happy that her plan was working, and extremely thankful that mr. quincy had agreed to help her.

"chrissy," corbyn whined, dragging out her name for dramatic affect. he felt slightly betrayed that christina would volunteer him for something so demanding, and with the boy he liked, none the less.

"stop worrying so much. you'll be fine," christina said with a roll of her eyes, smirking slightly to herself as corbyn slumped into the seat next to her own.

"hey, um. m—my teacher said that the principal wanted to see me?" zach's voice was once again heard in the office.

at that exact moment, jonah walked in, making a direct bee-line for the desk where both christina and corbyn were sitting. before anyone could respond to zach and calm his nerves, jonah started spewing 100 miles a minute.

"listen here, when i say i didn't do something, i mean it, alright? so why the hell am i here? did kyle say something bad about me? i swear to god if that kyle kid says one more god damn thing about me..." and it continued from there.

jack walked in shortly after jonah, immediately rolling his eyes at his rambling partner-in-crime.

"calm your tits, jo," jack said, snorting slightly.

christina rolled her eyes at the pair before focusing her sight back on the fidgeting brunette boy who was patiently waiting for his turn to speak.

"mr. quincy just wanted to see how your first week went. nothing bad, i promise," christina told zach with a reassuring smile.

"why the hell is he worrying? i'm over here about to get my ass suspended, and for once, i'm actually innocent!" jonah continued to complain.

"give the kid a break, he's too pure for the principal's office. i mean, what's one more mark on your record, jonah?" jack defended zach.

"it's one mark closer to me getting suspended, that's what the hell it is."

"keep up all that swearing and you'll surely get suspended," principal quincy said, emerging once again from his office after hearing all of the commotion going on outside.

"quincy! how ya doing? haven't seen you in a while."

mr. quincy sighed before rubbing a hand down his face in annoyance. "hello to you too, jack."

a cheeky grin spread across jack's face before he turned to the new kid, making zach extremely uncomfortable as jack eyed him up and down.

"mr. marais, i assure you that you have done nothing wrong this time. i just called you here so i can introduce you to your new tutor," mr. quincy explained, trying to work some form of a smile onto his face.

"alright..." jonah replied, still unsure of the whole ordeal.

meanwhile, jack had moved closer to zach, gripping his hips lightly while whispering in his ear.

"mr. avery," jack payed no attention to the fact that his name was being called. "mr. avery, please." the principal sighed before turning back to jonah. "mr. marais, can you please get jack's attention?"

"why? he seems busy," jonah replied.

"to give poor zach a break. it's his first week and jack's already... well, jack's—" mr. quincy's efforts to save zach were interrupted.

"i think zach's enjoying it. what do you think, sweetheart?" jonah said, now turning to corbyn and leaning on the office desk slightly.

"if you call me that one more time—"

"what're you gonna do, cupcake?" jonah teased.

corbyn ignored him and went back to sorting through papers in one of christina's drawers.

"aw, c'mon, princess! you know i didn't mean it," jonah continued.

zach grew visibly more flustered, his cheeks turning red as his eyes frantically looked at everything except jack.

mr. quincy massaged his temples while observing the dysfunctional group. he had no way of calming everyone down without turning his back on someone for too long and risking them getting away.

"corbs!" an angel, in mr. quincy's eyes, walked through the door with a small stack of papers in hand.

"hey dani," corbyn smiled slightly while jonah let out a small, inaudible growl.

"perfect," mr. quincy whispered as he noticed how jack got distracted from zach by the new presence in the room. "jonah, your new tutor is corbyn. zach, i need to see you in my office. daniel, thank you for the papers. and jack?" jack turned to face mr. quincy before he hummed slightly to show he was listening. "why are you here?"

"oh, i wanted to see this mess unfold. later bitches," jack yelled before walking out of the office, but not before throwing a peace sign behind him and a final wink towards zach, causing the young boy's cheeks to flare up once more.

principal quincy gestured for zach to follow him into his office while jonah eyed his new tutor.

this would definitely not end well.

who wants jachary to become a thing?