♔ TWO ♕

TUTOR TWO

the faded blue lockers that lined the halls of silver creek high school creaked with old age

the faded blue lockers that lined the halls of silver creek high school creaked with old age. a simple gust of wind would be enough to make them shudder in protest. the hallways were silent, seeing as how everyone was still in class, as they should be. corbyn savored the silence, getting very little of it in his day-to-day life.

but all good things must come to an end.

"jonah! i thought you couldn't make it, dude."

jonah appeared in a maroon nike hoodie, the small nike symbol being placed on the left side, like usual. his black jeans were torn and distressed, and his feet were covered in a worn-down pair of black converse.

corbyn rolled his eyes in annoyance before interrupting the friends' reunion. "we have to get to the office, and i would like to get there sooner, rather than later."

"you actually think i'm going to the office? think again, buddy," jack said as he began to walk off with jonah by his side.

"oh, totally. i'll just make sure to tell the office exactly what happened. i'm sure your parents would love to get a phone call from the school, don't you think?" corbyn replies sassily as he continued his journey to the office.

"corbyn, babe, calm down. we can—" jonah's negotiations were interrupted.

"babe?! i don't think so, marais. go back to screwing every girl on the cheer team, you man whore," the faux blond exclaimed, outraged.

jonah flinched at the rumor, so slightly that no one, not even jack, had noticed how his body grew tense for less than a split second. sure, he had grown accustomed to it, but it didn't stop him from cringing at the accusation.

not noticing jonah's slight change in mood, corbyn continued with his mini-rant. "listen, if jack comes with me, i'll let you go on one condition."

the two boys exchanged a glance before jonah turned to look at corbyn once again. "what is it?"

"never, and i mean never, call me 'babe' again," corbyn seethed.

"you got it, princess," jonah said.

"wha—no! you're coming to the office with me, marais!" corbyn went to grab both jonah and jack by the arm to haul them to the principal's office before being stopped.

"if i remember correctly, you only said that i couldn't call you babe," jonah responded with a smug smirk.

"ok, i'm changing the deal. i'll let you go if you agree to no longer call me any pet names ever again," corbyn said.

"sorry, but we don't have a deal, babe," corbyn feels as though jonah emphasized the word "babe" just to annoy him even more. "i won't just abandon jack. if one of us goes down, you'll sure as hell be able to find the other going down with him."

corbyn had to admit, he respected jonah's loyalty towards his friends. he would never openly praise the man, but that last sentence almost made corbyn view jonah in a completely different light.

almost.

"it's your funeral," corbyn shrugged before continuing his stroll to the office.

the entire way there, the pair made corbyn want to blow a gasket. they whispered inappropriate things back and forth, all while playfully shoving and elbowing each other. on multiple occasions, corbyn was caught in the crossfire. whether it was a poorly aimed nudge to the shoulder or a full on shove against a locker, he unfortunately experienced it all.

the little beacon of hope returned to corbyn's heart when he rounded the final corner and pushed open the heavy doors to the office.

"oh, corbyn! what a wonderful surprise! what can i do for you today?" the lady at the front desk, christina, greeted the teenager with a wide smile.

christina was a young woman at the age of 25 with brown hair and brown eyes. she pampered all the good kids with sweets and called them her little chickees. corbyn swears that the only way he's been able to get through his high school years was because of her motherly characteristics, always making sure corbyn was fed and healthy.

"good morning, christina. mrs. king sent me with jack to make sure he actually got to the office, and we found jonah on the way here. he was skipping class, so i thought that it would be good if i brought him with us," corbyn told his favorite custodian.

"you've had an eventful morning, and it's not even second period yet! anything i can get you as a little treat for your troubles?" christina asked.

"do you still have those candies in your desk?" corbyn eagerly asked as a child-like grin spread across his face.

"of course i do, corbs. help yourself," christina gestured for him to come behind the desk before opening the drawer that was specifically for food.

the drawer was both a little kid and a teenager's dream. it was filled to the brim with everything from cheez-its and doritos to hershey's bars and reece's cups.

"now, as for you boys, you can take a seat in those chairs over there while i call up principal quincy and see when he'll be able to meet with you," christina said while reaching for the out-of-date phone that lay on her desk.

christina as in bootythiccee (i'm not sorry) (ok i'm a little sorry, maybe)