《A Serious Beating》

|Kenpachi x Half Hollow!Half Shinigami! Fem! Reader|

A/n: Requested by Changling_Khat

The reader is serious in this chapter, only soft and kind towards Kai. (Kekeke~)

____________________________________

Kai's Pov

I sighed, rubbing my head. I was irritated and my head hurt. Why, you may ask? Kenpachi Zaraki. That's why. He was going around, screaming about how he wanted "a worthy opponent to fight with." I nearly punched someone when I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was only Gin and I sighed again.

"Hi babe..." I said, leaning into him and closing my eyes.

"What's the matter?" He asked in a concerned tone.

I looked up at him and saw his beautiful blue eyes. Just seeing them put a smile on my face.

"Just Kenny. He's at it again, screaming about wanting a worthy opponent to fight. It's giving me a headache."

"Oh I see," A chesire grin spread across his lips, "Perhaps I could help with that~"

I arched my eyebrow, questioning what he meant. A few moments later, it struck me.

"Oh dear..." I said covering my face as he dragged me away.

Your Pov

I looked over at my best friend Kai as her boyfriend dragged her over to God knows where. I decided it'd be best not to question it and went back to watching Kenpachi throw his hissy fit. Honestly, he was such a child.

I didn't care it he was "scary" like the rumors said he was. I've neve seen him fight before, and I believe what my eyes tell me. What my eyes told me was that he was a child.

"I'm going." I announced to no one in particular and started towards my house.

I would've went to hang out with Kai, but God knows what they were doing. I don't need to me scarred for life by that.

"Ahh!"

A scream pierced the air and I spun around, hand resting on my zanpakuto. Kenpachi had drawn his sword on a young shinigami. The poor boy didn't stand a chance against him. I flash stepped and blocked the captain's sword with my own. The sound of metal clashing against metal filled the air.

"Go." I commaned the young shinigami.

He happily obliged, running into the crowd that had surrounded us.

"Oh? So will a little girl be my opponent?" He chuckled.

"Hm, well this "little girl" is going to kick you ass."

"I'd love to see you try." A wide smirk spread across his face.

I kept the stoic expression on my face. I supposed this would be a good way to assess the man's skills. I took my stance, while he stood there, seemingly unfazed. If he was thinking this would be an easy fight, I'd prove him dead wrong.

He even had the audacity to sheath his sword and offer me a free attack. The nerve of this man. I took a deep breath and looked him in the eyes.

"Draw your sword. I will not attack an unarmed man."

"C'mon sweetheart, this won't be as easy. Take the advantage."

I stood still, waiting for him to unsheath his zanpakuto. He sighed and pulled out his sword.

"Your loss."

He charged me, downwardly slashing in an attempt to cut my shoulder. I simply side stepped the attack. I slightly changed the grip on my sword and got a decent size wound on his chest with an upward cut.

A smirk plastered on his face, he attempted another attack. This time, I jumped out of the way, onto his arm. His eyes landed on me. He was wide open, and I jumped on the opportunity. I went for his neck. He completely took me offguard when he simply caught my blade.

"What...?" Was all I managed to come up with as a response.

"You're good," He chuckled, "But not quite my level yet. Keep getting stronger, then we'll fight again."

He picked me up with little effort and set me on the ground. After ruffling my hair as though I was a child, he turned and walked away.

I... What? That was... Strange to say the least. At least he recognized my skills, I suppose. I let a small smirk break out on my face as I turned my back to him.

"Yes... One day we will fight again. I'll be sure to get stronger, Kenpachi Zaraki."

____________________________________

A/n: I'm disappointed, I only got 729 words on this one while all the others were 1,000+. Oh well. I hope you enjoyed!

Be sure to request! ^^
Say bye... Hm... Kisuke :D

Kisuke: Good bye readers, be sure to drop bye the Urahara shop. We have a discount!
Me: Lies-
Kisuke: *gasp* Me? Lie?
Me: *-_-* Uh huh
Kisuke: I'd never!
Me: Hm- *steals hat and runs* Kukuku