You steer you mind away from the 'What if's'
And the bad scenario's that began to appear in your head. Stop. You have to think positively! Everything's fine.. they're fine... everyone is just worrying too much!!
• but denial can be lethal.

•••

"They're back!" Willy shouted loud and clear. Honestly, he lures Walker's every time he yells from the watch tower. Then it's more of a risk to hunt or fish since the Walker's tend to hang around and linger quite a bit.
You were currently in your room when you heard Willy's calls- your hands immediately dropping the book you were reading and dashing out of your dorm room. Desperate to see if they came back in one piece.
You make it out the building and to be met with the trio, and to your delight, they were all alive!

AJ was hugging Clem and telling her about his wonderful and apparently fun filled adventure.
Aasim however went to drop the animals they caught in the hunt and made his way over to Ruby who kept shooting Violet a cold glare whenever she thought it suited.
Her and Aasim held hands and a glimmer of relief physically washed over the both of them.
You have to admit, they are a cute couple. But the two of them can be naive...
Louis likes to challenge them for 'the best couple' title like it's his job- you just always shook your head.

However you drifted your eyes away and they latched onto Louis instead, but something felt off just by staring at his unusual frown.. he seemed to be upset, but by what?
A worried expression was plastered on his face.

Your feet were already taking you to him, and his less colourful demeanour immediately lightened once he saw you approaching. A huge grin swept its way onto his features and he met you half way.
For some reason, you were speechless for once... you found yourself just staring at him.
His grin only increased, "Why hello m'lady~" he cooed whilst bringing one of your hands to his lips. Normally this would get a reaction from you, but you just stood there with a half smile. Mostly a fake one.

His eyebrows only creased the slightest at your silence. You knew something was wrong...
It's almost impossible for Louis to look so lost and filled sullenness. But today he looked just that..
"Hey, what's the matter?" Louis squeezed your hand with both of his, eyes starting to cloud over with worry.
"did you miss me that much??" He tried to joke.
You decide to snap out of your daze and flashed him a forced smile. "Nothings wrong.. I'm just happy you're here. I was worried you know!" Your arms wrap around him, pulling him into a hug. You could finally stop straining a smile as you buried your face into his chest.
A sound of silence called out, causing you to tinge with a case of fear; but (thankfully) not for long as Louis chuckled and returned the heartfelt embrace. His chuckle was filled with relief and little bit of uncertainty, but nonetheless, he was happy you were hugging him.

"I'm glad you're smiling." He whispered. A sliver of sadness laced his sudden wispy tone.
You frown a little, "why's that?"
Louis hesitated and his breath hitched after your curious question.
"B-Because I- never mind.." he stopped himself from saying something... but what?
He seemed to be hyperventilating as well.
You worriedly look up to see his grin that he wore a second ago was smudged into a frazzled expression. "Louis?" You muse but sharply gasped when you were suddenly pushed away from him.

You catch your stumble and stare at your boyfriend who was already hurrying off into the opposite direction. He was weirdly holding one of his wrists against him as he bolted off.
What. The. Actual. Heck.

Now you were REALLY suspicious of his odd and unlike his normal self behaviour.

•••

"Has anyone seen Louis? His dinner is getting cold." Ruby said with impatience and worry.
Everyone looked at each other but no one had seen him since earlier.. not even you.
"Come to think of it, he did abruptly push past me to enter the building" inquired Omar who was staring at Louis' bowl of untouched dinner, a glimmer of anger was visioned in his eyes since his well-crafted food would have to be put to waste. That is unless Willy claims the food since he always asks for seconds on a daily basis.