Chapter 48

"Hey Rose I've been thinking a lot lately " Sam turned to face me as we drank our coffee at the breakfast bar. "And I think I need a change"

"What do you mean?" I asked slightly surprised.

"I know some girls dream to be in my position but I don't know. Something just doesn't feel right. I'm not sure if football is the right pathway" Sam replied deep in thought.

"Well what are you thinking about doing?" I took another sip of my too hot coffee.

"I want to go back to college. I've spoken to the manager and she said that she's willing to let me go get a scholarship if I stay playing for La for the season then after that I'm free to play where I want depending if I get drafted" Sam replied obviously she had researched this a lot.

"Wow that is a lot. I mean I will support you no matter what but I'm gonna miss your cute ass every training session" I smiled. I was glad Sam was trying to figure things out. All this time I thought there was a deeper problem or pain that I may have caused.

"Yeh I mean if all goes well I can get good grades and potentially change career at a later stage." Sam returned the smile.

"I'm really happy that your doing this but I have to ask where does that lead us?" I questioned a little concerned.

"Rose I'm not leaving you don't worry. Wherever I go it won't be far from home and I mean in the future I hope we can get a place together and settle down properly. And if I get drafted to a new team then we will make it work I know we can" Sam replied reassuring my doubt.

"Okay"

"Okay?" Sam gave a puzzled look as if she was expecting more questions.

"Okay I trust that we can make it all work." I said truthfully.

"Thank you. It means a lot that your supportive"

"Yeh well I love you Sam and would pretty much travel the world with you if it meant I could stay by your side" I smiled softly.

"Aww come here" Sam motioned me to come closer and pressed her lips to mine. "I love you too" Sam whispered and kissed my soft lips again. "But you have coffee breath and so do I- oh and also we're gonna be late to training at this rate" Sam laughed getting up and grabbing her training bag.

A few months had passed and the season was over. Sam started college and loved it. She had a glow about her and she was the happiest i had ever seen her. We had moved in together in a small apartment big enough for the two of us and maybe even a third. Football was going really well for me and I had even landed a sponsorship deal. Everything was looking... good for a change. It had been long coming but I can finally say that I'm happy. I loved Sam so much and owed her my happiness. I was starting to get to the point I wasn't sure if I could live without her. We had only been together 8 months or a year if you counted the beginning. But I truly new that she was the one i wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I wanted her to be my wife so bad but I knew it was too early and I was too young. I was soon to turn 21 but even though I loved Sam so much I wasn't sure I was ready for the commitment just yet. We hadn't even talked about it but it was forever on my mind.

Sam continued to play football at her college but it wasn't at a high enough level to play for England. However I got called up to the last qualifying games for the World Cup. If we won we would be going to France next year. I was packing my bag when I felt two arms wrap around my body. Hugs from behind were the best types of hugs especially from Sam.

"I'm gonna miss your cute ass" Sam whispered into my ear as she rested her head on my shoulder. I turned around slowly and rested my hands on her waist, sams arms returning to the usual spot around my neck.

"I'll miss you too, and my bed" Sam let out a small laugh and rested her forehead on mine. "I'll be back before you know it making you breakfast in bed and returning to usual chef duties"

"Oh yeh like your the one that cooks?" Sam rolled her eyes but I just pulled her closer pressing my lips softly against hers.

"I love you" I whispered into the kiss and was greeted by a large smile.

"I love you too now go get us to the World Cup" Sam smiled smacking my ass as I hurried out the door.

Camp was the usual and I missed Sam so much. It was so different and boring without her company at the camp. Kelley has noticed my slum face and kept pestering me until I let loose on my problems.

"But like is it too soon?" I asked as I sat on Kelley's bed opposite her.

"Do you love her?" Kelley stated bluntly.

"Of course I do otherwise I wouldn't be in this situation" I sighed.

"Look Rose Sam is like a different version when she's with you. She's happy and always laughing with you which to be honest is scary. She evidently loves you too otherwise she wouldn't have taken your stupid ass back after leaving" Kelley said listing the facts. "I mean it's all down to you. Are you ready?"

"I know I want to be with her for the rest of my life and I think I'm ready" I replied thoughtfully.

"If you want to be with her for the rest of your life then why rush?"

"Because I want to call her my wife so badly" I spoke quietly.

"Ew cringe but cute. Even if you ask her to marry you it doesn't mean your gonna get married straight away anyway, you wouldn't even be thinking about the commitment if you weren't ready"

"Do you think she will say yes?" I asked unsure.

"She is so in love with you I would be surprised any other answer would even process in her brain." Kelley smiled "oh and if your gonna do it I want to be a bridesmaid"

I laughed at Kelley's forwardness "of course although I don't think your meant to ask if you can be a bridesmaid"

"Who cares I wanna wear a pretty dress and have an excuse to do Sams makeup" Kelley grinned.

"Well I guess I better get a ring"