Beth - Rose

I tried texting and calling Beth but got no reply. We were a week into the international camp and I had tried to keep to myself. Me and Sam hadn't spoken and I was starting to miss home- I was missing Beth. I knew I had messed up but the worst thing was I couldn't even make it up to her as she was probably already in America. Our game against Czech was in two days but we had been out here already for 3 days. Training kept me busy and I was focused and determined to play the next match. It was Saturday today and all the girls were going out tonight but decided not to go.

I got into my gym clothes and decided to get a weight workout in before our next training session tomorrow. Georgia has tried to persuade me to go out but it didn't work. I decided not to tell her about the whole Beth situation as I knew 1.) she wouldn't be interested and 2.) she hated Sam.

The gym was empty, probably as it was a Saturday night, but it was good as all the machines were free. I went through the first round of my circuit when I saw a familiar face walk in. "I thought I saw a face missing from our group" Sam smiled as she walked over.

"Yeh, I wasn't up for it" I continued working out as Sam stood and watched me. "I thought you weren't talking to me anyway?" I asked slightly irritated.

"I was giving you space" she proposed. "And besides you made it clear that you weren't interested" Sam wandered over to the barbells and started doing some bicep curls.

I stopped what I was doing and walked over to her. "It wasn't that I wasn't interested, I just wasn't available" as soon as I said it I regretted it. "I'm guessing Kelley told you what happened"

"You have to stop thinking that we all like to gossip about your drama" she rolled her eyes, "Kelley said nothing and it's none of my business anyway"

"Why are you here? I thought you were going out with the rest of the girls?" I asked getting slightly annoyed.

"Like I said I saw you were missing and I didn't want you to be by yourself" she spoke hiding all emotion.

"Well unfortunately for you I'm not doing anything fun apart from this sweaty workout, so unless your gonna join me you might as well leave" I proposed going back to the weights.

Sam followed me and we both did my workout until we were completely knackered.

"I have to admit I'm impressed with how strong and fit you are" she laughed out of breath.

"Yeh well exercise is my escape" I sighed taking a sip out of my water bottle.

"It is for me too" she smiled "hey come back to my hotel room and we can watch a movie the girls won't be back for another few hours," Sam asked confidently. I gave her a wide-eyed expression. "Don't worry I won't try anything" she laughed walking out of the gym and for some reason, I followed her.

"I'm gonna go take a quick shower I'll meet you in your room in about 15mins" I spoke quickly as I opened up my door.

I got dressed in a pair of football shorts and a baggy grey jumper. I tied my hair up into a messy bun and knocked on sams door.

"Come in, what do you want to watch?" She asked.

"I don't mind" I smiled. She just looked at me.

"Come on what's your favourite film," she asked with a smile.

"I dunno" I laughed as she scrolled through her films list "ooo I haven't watched the greatest showman yet" she turned and looked in horror.

"Ok well, we are definitely watching that!" Sam went and sat on her bed and I opted to join her. To start with we sat with a little distance between us but as the film went on we gradually got closer. Sam pulled the cover over us and I lent my head on her shoulder. I had to admit the film was amazing and towards the end, Sam started singing along to it. I just laughed and we both looked at each other. Our eyes locked and I watched hers slowly drift to my lips. "You don't get how much I want to kiss you right now" she laughed breaking our trance. I just awkwardly looked away thinking about what happened with Beth.