@iveychoi

Writer of 'A FeMENist's Guide to Feminism'

When did you join Wattpad?

I joined Wattpad back in 2011. That first account has been deleted; I've had this one since 2016.

Did anyone prompt you to join Wattpad?

Nope! I did it for myself.

How did it feel like when you posted your first story on Wattpad?

I was a pretty impressionable 14-year-old, so the idea that someone had read my stuff and liked it meant the world to me. It was exhilarating, and it was the first time I felt like I could do something that people cared about.

Who/What influenced your writing?

Stephen King is a huge influence of mine. Although I don't write in the same genre as him (yet), his book "On Writing" helps keeps writing in perspective for me. I read that book at least once a year.

What inspires you to write your stories?

Honestly I just write them because I get bored.

What is your advice to new writers?

You can't force something that's not organic. If you write for attention, you will constantly be disappointed. If you write for fame, you will be let down. If you write for yourself, you might just learn more about who you are and realize that people are drawn to that sincerity, and they'll be authentically drawn to your writing.

What do you do when you have a Writer's Block?

Sometimes I just have to step away from writing for a while, anywhere between a week to a few months to a couple of years. And sometimes I just have to shut down the Wi-Fi, turn on some Lo-Fi, and force myself to write.

By the courtesy of IVEYDOCX

Add this book to your library to never miss an update! 🍁