@xBibliobibulix

Writer of "Try Me, Mr. 'Bad Boy'"

When did you join Wattpad?

I actually joined twice. The first time I joined I was about thirteen, and I was just a reader. But reading all the incredible stories inspired me to upload one of my own, so I made another account when I was fifteen and began writing!

Did anyone prompt you to join Wattpad?

No. Granted, I had heard other people talk about it before but I didn't know what it was. It popped up in the app store and I decided to download it. Probably one of the top three best decisions I ever made.

How did it feel like when you posted your first story on Wattpad?

If I'm being completely honest regarding this question, I felt horrible. But I knew I needed to. I only felt upset because I constantly compare myself to other writers, and I didn't instantly get a million readers. It's hard putting your work out there for just about anyone to see.

But afterward, it was this great sense of relief and I was proud. Sure, the grammar wasn't the best, and my plotlines had holes but I was learning! We as humans are constantly learning and our writing styles are constantly changing, and that's something you need to accept.

Who/What influenced your writing?

This is an interesting question, it really makes me think. And the answer is everything. Quite literally everything. I constantly find myself observing. Observing my surroundings at all times, watching the movement of everyone and everything around me, and opening myself up to a new adventure.

What inspires you to write your stories?

My readers. I absolutely adore my readers with every ounce of me. There were multiple times where I wanted to quit writing, and then I opened their messages. Such heartfelt messages and that encouraged me to keep going. Sure, I'm not the best writer there's ever been, but I am a writer. I love what I do and they inspire me to keep going.

What is your advice to new writers?

I know it's nearly impossible, but don't compare yourself to others. You are unique, you are special, you have your own writing style. Everyone does. Everyone is different. You are your biggest critic. Honestly, in blatant terms, f*ck what others think. You do you. And most importantly; don't ever give up. It could take days, weeks, months, to get to just one hundred reads, for some it may take an hour.

There are hundreds of thousands of stories out there, yours is just yet to be found. But it will be. Don't get discouraged because you don't have millions of reads within your first month. Go at your own pace. Take all the time you need. It is your world, your universe, your story, you control it, so don't let anyone tell you what to do because it's your choice.

What do you do when you have a Writer's Block?

Oh goodness, I actually have writers block right now! As silly as it sounds, I write about writers block. Even if the actual writing itself is crappy it still gets you writing, even if you're complaining about not being able to write. Believe it or not, it works.

By the courtesy of xBibliobibulix

Add this book to your library to never miss an update! 🍁