Chapter Thirty-Nine

So I want to say thanks cause sometimes with writing you can hit a wall, where you're like why am I doing this. And yesterday someone messaged me about my stuff and what they liked about  it and it meant a lot to  me. And I also want to thank everyone that has ever voted or commented on the story cause it lets me know I doing something right. And if you've ever talked about this story being your favorite it just makes me smile cause when I first began writing I was God awful, so I'm glad to know I'm getting better and ya enjoy it.

Izuku adjusted the pale gauntlets of his costume. He pulled the strap tight and took a deep breath  before walking out into the room full of professional heroes. Midoryia walked to the front of the room and stared at the many people patiently waiting for his orders."Before we get started, I want to ask if anyone is not up-to date on the situation." Not a soul's hand shot up and Deku cleared his throat."Alright, then I guess it's time to get started." The man the grabbed the large whiteboard behind him and flipped the surface so everyone could see the plans."Team one will consist of me, Lemillion, Redeemer, and Creati."

Deku then pointed his finger to an old, rundown building posted to the board."This place is believed to be where the target is operating."

Shoto asked the question that had been bothering him ever since Izuku visited."Don't you think this could be a trap."

Midoryia faced his friend and acknowledged,"It may be, but it's worth a shot if we can save the boy."

Todoroki saw the gleam in Deku's eyes, the same flame of determination from  back in the Sports Festival.

A muscular blond man grinned," Come on Todo, there's nothing to worry about, we got this."

"Don't call me Todo ever again, or I'll freeze that mouth of yours shut."

"Sorry Sho," joked Mirio

Todoroki placed his face in his gloved hands and let out a sigh.

Deku continued his explanation of the plan." Team two will be tasked with helping the police set a perimeter around the target. The heroes will be tasked with ensuring no-one escapes and keeping an eye out for anything odd. This team will be made up of Red Riot, Froppy, Tsukuyomi, and Endeavor."

The green clad hero then spat out the final details." Everyone will be distributed to multiple squads of heroes that have been ordered to keep the streets safe. Anarchy was promised and we don't want innocent lives to be in the cross hairs."

The room of heroes then cleared out, but one man stayed in his seat with an angry expression. Katsuki clinched his fist inside his grenade like guantlets and growled," I know you didn't give me roadside duty !"

Izuku stopped putting the whiteboard back to its former place and turned to his friend. The man then walked up Bakugo and smiled," You're right-"

"I knew it ! I'm on team one and we're gonna fuck these bastards up right !"

Deku shook his head," Nope, you're going to keep Ochaco safe."

"What ! "

"I need someone to watch over her while I'm gone."

"B-B-But there's all of these heroes and you pick me, I'm more capable then all of them in a fight !"

"Exactly, I know she'll be safe with you."

Katsuki crossed his arms,"That's fucking stupid."

"Kacchan, stop acting like you don't care about her."

"I don't !"

"Oh, so then why were you bugging me about her leaving so much. Every single day it was,' Deku when is round-face gonna be back. Deku why'd you send that broad away her food was fucking amazing. Deku is round-face doing okay with icy-hot.' "

"Fuck you !"

Midoryia let out a groan in frustration."Please just keep her safe, you're the one of the only people I trust with her life."

"Fine, I'll babysit pink cheeks !"

Izuku placed his hand on the blond's shoulder,"Thank you."

.....

Ochaco leaped from the blue bench she had been resting on by the agency's entrance and ran up to Izuku."Are ya about to ya know...?" The woman lowered her head as she acknowledge the man was about to leave.

Deku placed his hand under her chin and lifted her head so their eyes could lock."Yeah we're about to leave, but you don't have to worry about anything."

Ochaco took a gulp before saying,"B-But what if somethin' goes wrong and you don't get him...or what if you get hurt ?"

Midoryia smiled at his girlfriend,"There's nothing to worry about."

"I-It's scary enough when you leave every morning, bu this is way more dangerous than-"

Uraraka was interrupted by a quick kiss on the lips from Izuku and Deku wrapping an ungloved hand around her soft hand. The gesture was not anything earth-shattering, but it did what it was meant to."I'll be back I promise." The man then walked away and as he traversed across the hallway the brunette's grip on his hands slowly weakened, and the last thing Ochaco felt was his finger tip on her's. And as Izuku walked out the door he gave her a toothy smile and mouthed,"I love you."

.....

Izuku's team stood outside of the old, rundown building in the center of the city. The windows were boarded up and the only entrance was a thick, iron door.  The place was a factory long before Midoryia was born, but it was shutdown after news broke that a man was abusing his quirk to enslave employees. The hero turned to look at Shoto who was looking at the same building with an emotionless expression. The tall woman next to him was trying to ease her nerves before they entered the place, and Togata was wearing his usual bright smile. The blond hero then shouted,"Come on ! Lets show em' to a good beating."

.....

The pale man sat in his chair and stared at the many screens along his desk. On the monitor in the upper left corner was the security footage of the team standing in front of the building. Sakiato grinned and rubbed his hands together before pressing a button on his keyboard."Let the fun begin."

.....

The seemingly impenetrable door blew open and Deku rolled out of the way. Redeemer tackled his wife to the ground, and Lemillion activated his quirk and allowed the dangerous, flying door to pass through his body.

Izuku scrambled to his feet and looked at the void of darkness that resided where the door once stood. A few figures then began to walk together out of the black hole of darkness.