Chapter Nine

Izuku was terrified for the first time in a while.His nerves around Ochaco had vanished quickly,but when ever he had something special planed for the girl his nerves would instantly resurface.The day was December 27 and he had gifts in store for her,but what made him terrified was something else entirely.He planned out the day and nonchalantly asking her to swing by later that night and luckily she agreed.His plan was going well so far.Uraraka was not expecting anything special and was probably prepared for a normal night at his apartment,but it was going to be so much more.

He was hoping that the surprise was going to work without a hitch,but with his luck he expected the worst.His last surprise resulted in Katsuki blowing him through a wall during his third year.

He left fifteen minutes before she was suppose to be arriving to pick up takeout from her favorite restaurant and loaded his freezer up with mochi.Midoryia arrived home on time and then began to set everything up.He hoped the food was not a dead give away to something special,but Uraraka was a smart girl and could likely figure something was up.

Izuku finished setting the table when there was a knock at his door.He stumbled his way to the door and opened it was a wide smile."Hey."

The short woman looked at him with a bewildered expression.She could tell her boyfriend was hiding something behind him,but she was not exactly sure as to of what."Hi."

"W-Well come on in."The man then turned and revealed his dining table.Food was set out across it,but it was not to much.It was just something he would do for her,simple yet sweet.

"What's that for?"

"I just f-figured that we could spend some time together is all."

"So you got takeout."

"You are always hungry so...I figured you'd be hungry after filing All Might's paperwork."

Ochaco teased him."Are you calling me fat."

Izuku instantly began to apologize with genuine remorse.The poor guy never understood when she was joking."W-What,I would never.You're beautiful and I'd have you no other way.A-Are you made now?Am I a bad boyfriend?"

Ochaco busted out into laughter."I-I am kidding.Jeez,you need to stop taking me so serious all the time."

"S-Sorry."

.....

The couple enjoyed their meal and talked about their usual topics,but Ochaco noticed something different about Deku.He seemed awfully excited to finish their food,but she was not sure why.After their dinner he disappeared and returned with a plate full of mochi.Uraraka went wide eyed at the dessert.Mostly because it was her favorite,but secondly because of how expensive it was.Typically she would enjoy the cheap stuff,but this was gourmet.He spent a lot of money on her for just a regular night,and then that is when it clicked in her mind.'He knew.'Izuku then spoke up as she stared down him and the desert."It's all for you."

"B-But this is expensive and a lot for just one person."

"Yeah but you're worth it and I figured you could bring some home with you."He then jumped out of his seat and jogged into his bedroom.Ochaco did not pay much attention to him as she enjoyed her sweet treat.She tasted the chocolate dessert first and was wowed by how rich it was.She then grabbed a second and bit into the strawberry sweet.She was halfway through her second helping if mochi when the man returned with a box,a envelope,and a smile plastered across his freckled face.Uraraka could have sworn his emerald eyes were shinning brighter than usual.Izuku then extended his arms out and smiled."Happy Birthday."

Uraraka could feel tears welling up in her eyes."B-But I didn't tell you."

"Yeah well,I asked All Might."Izuku then began to blush and sheepishly rub the back of his neck."And I know I may have gone all out,but I wanted you to know how special you are."