7: You Cockblocker

I pull out my gun and aim it directly at the dark-haired woman on my bed

"Put that shit away, I'm not some random ass stranger breaking into your home," Zara says. I roll my eyes and put my gun away. Zara is my best-friend. Our families are allies and I've known her since we were kids. Her, Gio and I were known as the three musketeers. We would do everything together.

"Fuck, Z. You've got to stop doing that shit." I say as I sit on my king-sized bed and start to untie these death traps.

"But it's fun, plus it's super easy. That one maid - forgot her name - is positively terrified of me," — sigh — "I love the effect I have on people," she says as she sits down at the foot of my bed.

"Did you come here just to chat?" After everything that's happened tonight, I'm in no mood for a deep long conversation. I'm in an irritated mood - per usual - and want to sleep.

"I can't stop by to say hi to my favorite person?" Zara questions. I turn around and my facial expression appears disinterested and unamused. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Did something happen with that Salvatore guy?"

Fucking Giovanni. I knew he would tell her. Yes, she's my best-friend, but Salvatore is someone that I don't want her to know. He's a fucking jackass.

"Before you ask, yes. Gio told me all about it. You accused him of sleeping with his sister? Fucking killer. Does he even have a sister?"

"I don't know," I exasperatedly say. "We don't exactly have matching friendship bracelets. The guy is nothing to me," I say as I tug off my boots and throw them across the room. My feet have been aching for this moment.

"Is that so?" She smirks. I eye her strangely, but she shrugs it off. "Okay, here's the thing. I didn't come to say hi—"

"I figured."

"— but I came here to ask for a favor."

I sigh. Everyone is needing favors from me nowadays. Frankly, it's getting quite annoying.

"What is it?" I ask.

"It's about Santiago..." Zara meekly says.

"Z, no! How many times have I told you to stop?" I raise my voice. For as long as I can remember, Zara has been in love with Santiago. He's made it clear that he doesn't do relationships and I don't want Z to get her heart broken.

"If you can just—"

"No! Z, you know how Santiago is. You've got to stop." I firmly say. She huffs like a five-year-old and lies down.

"Well, it was worth a try," she angrily mumbles under her breath. I sigh and can't help but feel bad for the girl. It's been years and she still hasn't moved on. I feel partly at fault for this, I'm the one who introduced them. "In that case, can I sleep over?" She sadly says.