Chapter Sixty-Two

Start from the beginning

Leaping out of the way of two meat cleavers (man cleavers truth be told), Damian sent a side kick straight in to Grundy's nose, knocking the bulk-of-a-creature a few steps back. Unsurprisingly, as Robin was about to deliver a fantastic stabbing-with-the-katana, Wonderwoman swooped in, punching Grundy in the face and effectively knocking out the undead dummy.

Out of the blue- a somewhat accurate statement considering they were at the Gotham city docks at midday- a wailing siren blasted through the air, throwing Robin metres backwards and causing Wonderwoman to stagger backwards. As it is, Damian was saved from smashing in to a lorry window by a bubble of purple magic. Eyes shooting in the direction of his rescuer, Damian dared a nod of appreciation in front of the few Leaguers there.

Luckily enough, the wailing stopped as Batman (utilising one of his many specifically tailored gadgets, in this instance, a circular device attaching to a person's neck to prohibit them from making any such sound- how he wished he could use it on his children-) blocked out Silver Banshee's scream before knocking her out with a single blow. This left but one individual, Croc.

It was an anomaly to all how these three were working together- then again, they work for their own benefit, there ought to have been something in it for all three- more so, how Killer Croc and Grundy escaped prison. Banshee had yet been unretained but the other two had been stored away: Grundy had been provided the comforts of an airtight cell in one of Arkham's rankest, dankest pits; and Amanda Waller had seen to Croc...a beast of a woman to say in the least.

Then again, that didn't really matter when a great ugly beast was attempting to bite your face off. Drawing his katana in a silver flash, Damian sliced the scales below Croc's eyes, spattering a little blood and further enraging him. But it was one individual against a group of some of the world's most powerful individuals, Killer Croc had no change. With another few ground-shaking hits, Wonderwoman rendered the mutant comatose.

As Batman collected the subdued trio to be collected by the authorities, Wonderwoman dealt with the press and Martian Manhunter shifted rubble out of the way (to ensure no hindrance was made to cargo shipments or harm to civilians), Cyborg walked over to the two Titans. Placing his mechanical hands on both of their shoulders, grinned.

"Hey, thanks for helping out, I reckon they,", he jerked his finger in the direction of the restrained villains, "won't be causing much trouble for a while."

Robin raised an eyebrow, sheathing his cleaned katana, "Tt. It wasn't like we had anything better to do."

Rolling her eyes at his antics, Raven smiled at Vic, "What he means is, you're welcome.", she tilted her head. "Right Damian?"

"Oh, absolutely."

"It's called manners, Damian."

"I'm not stupid."

"Could've fooled me."

"Oh yeah, well-"

Cyborg intruded, "Hey, hey, easy now. Jeez, y'all need to take a minute.", chuckling as the two of them playfully glared at each other- and knowing that it was just banter.

Don't tell Batman, but Cyborg could kinda see them getting together- it would be pretty cute if you asked him.

***

Not a sound touched the air though the person's feet moved over the ground. Stalking past flaming torches, the person peered through arched doorways, sure to dart across the openings as avoid detection. Silhouette creeping across walls of rich black marble, he stopped at two double doors stretching from the floor to thrice his height, formidable and crafted from a material as luxuriously dark as the walls.