s e v e n

The next day, as soon as she walked into the jazz club, she practically made the whole room glitter.

  He was talking to his band members when he noticed her. He fell silent instantly, entranced by her beauty. His band members, curious, turned to look, and were also hypnotized by the woman.

  Instead of sitting at her table in the back, she wandered to the bar. The bartender gave her a sweet smile, and she returned it with a sweeter one. After she ordered, she faced the stage, meeting his eyes. She felt the eyes of the rest of the band on her too, but only his mattered.

  "Hi," she mouthed, and he smiled as bright as the moon on a dark night.

  "Hi," he mouthed back.

  She pursed her lips shyly, and his smile widened when he noticed she had dimples. She was a different type of beautiful, he realized, one that was truly unmatched.

  His band members cleared their throats, and he tore his eyes away from her. He nodded at them sheepishly, then proceeded to take his seat at the piano.

They played a mellow tune that night, merely to fill the silence whenever the quiet couples in the room weren't speaking. But she listened intently the entire time as she sat alone at the bar.

Although the song had no words, she somehow understood it more than anything. More precisely, she understood the piano player, and each key that he played.

She had loved jazz since the very first time she heard it. She thought it was the heart of music itself. Everything about it made her happy and full.

  But the way he played was completely different.

  Before she met him, she thought it was just the right melody and rhythm that made jazz music good. But it wasn't. He showed her it was so much more than that.

  Jazz was about feeling, about baring your own soul, and embracing the musical words that flowed from within. A true jazz musician did exactly that, just like the talented man who played before her.

  Every night, he turned his feelings into music on that stage, and she couldn't help but listen.

A/N: wow i haven't updated this in a while! so sorry!

hopefully everyone is okay during this pandemic. here's something to make it a little better, and i'll try to update often since i have more free time!

don't hesitate to comment and remind me!