:Chapter Twenty One:

At ten fifteen I was in front of Harry and Louis’ house beside Isabel in an outfit less than modest. Hers was worse, though, by far – she was wearing a tight, sparkling belly shirt and what I believed was smaller than daisy dukes – which she had gotten me to wear. Along with my daisy dukes, I was wearing a crop top with my hair cascaded in curls down my shoulder and my makeup looking flawless.

                But even though I looked good, all of the boys would think Isabel just looked sexy with what she was wearing. Sure, I could pull of ‘hot’ by their standards, but Isabel let herself be put on a whole new level with the clothes she had the confidence – and audacity – to wear. So, we walked into the house that was practically shaking from all the music and drunken people.

                “Do you see Harry?” I asked her, and then she shook her head.

                “No, but… That guy’s cute!”

                I rolled my eyes at her and watched her eye the guy she was looking at and saw him look back at her, raking his eyes up and down her body. I shivered for her, thinking it was disgusting how she let guys look at her that way before my eyes shifted to the blonde beside him. He was totally going to ditch her for Isabel!

                “Fawn!”

                Turning around, I saw Harry, and barely blinked before he kissed me, his breath smelling of alcohol as I crinkled my nose and pulled away. “Are you drunk?”

                He looked at me, curls bouncing around. “No, just merely tipsy.”

                His eyes weren’t dilated. “Okay.”

                “You look…” Harry began to say, and then the word left his lips: “sexy.”

                And the thing that made me smile the most was the fact that, as he said this, he completely ignored Isabel beside me, who looked ten times better than I did. So I grinned and pulled his head down to me, kissing him hard on the lips before my other hand slipped into his while I pulled away.

                “Let’s dance,” I said, taking his beer with my free hand and downing it before we walked onto the unofficial dance floor.

                We were squeezed between a bunch of other people as we started dancing, just the beer itself getting me into a buzz. I was a lightweight, and it wasn’t exactly the best thing. While people liked having me around because they didn’t have to use a lot of their alcohol to get me drunk, I hated being able to let loose so easily.

                So my limit would be two beers, which I was drinking now as Harry passed me another beer. “You need to catch up to me, babe.”

                His arms were around my waist, keeping me close as I rolled my eyes. “I’m not drinking a lot tonight.”

                “Why not?” He asked, nuzzling his face into my neck and kissing me there.

                I froze.

                “U-Um, I don’t want a hangover during school tomorrow.” I stuttered out, my heart racing a million miles a minute in this position.

                He smirked against my neck, but Niall came up behind Harry and grabbed him away. The boy barely looked at me pleadingly, asking me with his eyes to wait. I nodded and smiled back, rubbing my neck where he had kissed it. And then all hell broke loose.