Chapter Twenty-Eight: Distract Yourself

Your POV

The book that's you've been reading all night was at its final pages. You were going through atomic physics along with some chemistry and the making and breaking of atomic structures. Reading made you understand more about it, like different compounds and allotropes that make up things. And it explains why something's are easy to breakdown and some are not. Like how the graphite in pencil lead has structures with weak bonds so it's easy to break down and slide them apart.

Also explains why the diamond took absolute concentration to decompose, because it had stronger bonds between each carbon atom.

You began to feel a bit better knowing how things worked, now you pick up a book to read up on how to put things together.

You sigh as you begin reading through the context then the first page. You take the plastic pen that's in your hand and without noticing you break it down, the energy from it making your hand glow. You use the first few things you learned and point your fingers towards the table. The light creates a beam that shoots at the table and begins forming something. It didn't look like a pen, honestly it looked like a mess.

You were happy you got it out and trying to touch the plastic you realise that instead of building it back up completely there were parts that were actual plastic and some that were not.
But you couldn't care less.

"Yay! I thought I'd be doing all this reading for nothing." 

As the night went on you kept reading till eventually you fell asleep. Your mind drifted off into the land of dreams. It starts out as a normal dream would, you were eating in your kitchen. The next minute your find yourself sitting down at your dinner table, before your mind could question it you saw your mother, a younger version of her, walk out of the kitchen laughing. Next thing you knew you were a little girl sitting down in a highchair.

Your mother came in front of you with a bowl of various mashed vegetables. "Nom Nom, (y/n) open wide!" She waved a spoon full of it and your giggles could be heard aloud. A man walked up, he set down his bag and gave you a kiss on your forehead then stole the spoon from your mother and pretended to eat it. You being a innocent child started to cry because you though he stole your food.

"Look what you did Akimitsu!" She scolded him. While taking back the spoon and cooing you.

"I didn't mean to make you cry.." he wiped the tears away. You instantly gave him a smile and grabbed his hand.

"Humph, get out the way so I can feed her before she decides to eat your fingers instead." Akimitsu tried to pull his hand away from you but you held onto it a while longer.

In that moment you saw him give you one last smile, before he vanish away into thin air. You saw your mother walking up to you. "It's okay, it's gonna be okay."

Next thing you knew you were a bit older, changing schools. Your mother was moving to another district and she was taking you and Nyno with her. You left all your friends even the ones who promised they'd be here forever.

You started crying, as you got older you moved again trying not to get close to people as your mother kept moving you. Leaving you to be a shadow in people's lives, but never forgeting them. This time it was Nyno who left. He had his duffle bag filled with his belongings leaving through the front door of the house. Giving you a smile.

You sunk back into the house with a lonely feeling.
"(Y/n), I'm going to be moving near the agency. I can't take you with me because you're going to school here so you'll be living in an apartment."

You were left alone again. Tears streaming down your face, you had flashbacks of every person who left you, ever person who abandoned you and all the people who no longer can come back. Now you saw Bakugou. He held out his hand to you, you grabbed it and held it tight. "Don't leave me too..."  You cried.
When you looked up he was already gone.

You began kicking in your sleep, the books falling off the desk. Crying out loud, you woke up. Your eyes stinging with tears, you got up and cried even more. You've always had the problem of keeping friends or even your family.

Getting up from the chair you pick up the books and try your best to recover from that nightmare. Dragging your feet across the flooring and down the stairs. Entering the living room and passing the shelf with all the pictures you own. Your finger tips brush past the only one with your entire family in it. You were just a baby and Nyno was looking confused towards the baby in your mothers arms. 

I miss my dad. I barely remember him, although he wasn't the best person in the world, I still miss him. Everyone ends up leaving.......  

You move into the kitchen and take up your phone, you have a message that has been unread for an hour and a half. At this point people might think you're dead.

From: Mina

(Y/N) you free?

Are you alive? Hello!!

OMG did something happen to you.

Bakugou told me to fuck off when i asked if you were free.

Well okay i'll see you tomorrow i guess.

That was quite the amount of messages. She probably just wanted to bombard me with questions about Bakugou's and I's relationship.....

You sit on the couch and begin reading once more to try and distract yourself from the world. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

Yo, it's me again. This chapter was short, I know. I just wanted to shine light on (y/n)'s background and why she might seem overly attached to people especially Bakugou and whatnot. I also realize that I'm complaining about my writing too often, I want to apologize.

I also apologize for the length of this chapter cause it's more or less 1000 words and I normally write between 1500-2000 words. Sorry.

Anyways hope this clarified somethings :D