Chapter 14: Her Through His Eyes

Chapter 14- Her Through His Eyes

*Cato's P.O.V.*

I hopelessly hope no one had seen.

I don't know why I had done it. Never mind, I do. And there isn't a doubt in my mind I would do it again. The thought of her... Dead... Well, it didn't sit well for me, that's for sure. I had run into the thick of the fighting after I had killed that boy, and the thought of any one of them killing Alexandra had me killing them like a mad man.

Needless to say, many died at my hands that afternoon.

I had then formed my alliance of a boy named Catcher, from One, Clove, from my district, and Drake, who is from Six. The rest... Well, we have to have some prey, now don't we? I'll kill these three after they have helped me with the dirty work.

"Who to kill first..." I mutter to myself.

"What about that pesky girl from Eleven?" Clove pipes up.

I let no emotion cross my face, even if I wanted to kill Clove right then and there. "Nah. She's not a threat. What about that boy from Eleven though, or the one from Twelve? With them out of the way, we'll only have the easy kills left to deal with."

The others agree, whether they really think that way or not, and we go and hunt them down. Laughing and joking, high on power, we head towards the woods, where any sensible person would go. The boulders and mountain behind us may hold a tribute or two, but they'd be dead by the early hours of the morning from the cold. They don't have all the good supplies- we do.

Just then, the Capitol seal appears in the sky, and the faces of thirteen tributes that were killed today shine in the sky. I barely pay attention, already knowing who was dead. Then it ends, and the night goes quiet again. We head on.

Pretty soon, I hear a branch snap, and I motion for everyone to be quiet. I hear the slightest rustling of leaves, and my head flicks to the direction it is coming from. I soon spot a pair of blue eyes, and wispy blonde hair, and I've got my next victim. I break into a run, sliding my sword out as I do, and after only a brief moment, I've got her. She's screaming her head off, and I slit her throat quickly. Her screaming had probably scared away anyone else that was nearby, which irritates me. The sight of blood pouring out her neck has me questioning just how sane I am. But only for a moment.

The cannon fires, and we move on, searching for our next victims. Ten tributes in the arena and technically nine left to kill- but not if I can help it.

I honestly don't know how I plan for both Alexandra and me to leave the arena alive, but it was either that or... Well, I'm not sure what else I could do- besides kill myself, which was on the table... But I don't exactly love the option.

I listen to Catcher go on and on about himself and how amazing he is, and realize I am the only one paying any attention to where we are going. I look at them, seeing Drake flirting with Clove, and Clove acting disgusted by him. They were all more a nuisance than anything. I consider killing them all now, but I grudgingly see that if I were to kill one, the other two would probably try and kill me. No, easier to kill them in their sleep. The next tribute we come up on, I'll let them prove just how valuable they are.

I am still the only one paying attention, and I look around us, as well as up in the trees. I don't know how well the other tributes could climb, so I give them the benefit of the doubt.

We've walked miles before I notice something up in the trees. The others are still not paying attention, and for once, I'm glad. I think of something to steer the others away, seeing as it would be my luck they decide to look around now.