EIGHTEEN: Healing and Breaking

Start from the beginning

Evie laughed as she went to the front of the rack, happy to have someone as supportive and kind as Doug in her life. "Let's do this."

°°°°°°°

It was a day before the Cotillion, and it was all anyone was talking about. Helena had forgotten about the Cotillion while being on the Isle. And even though things with her and Carlos were still shaky, she still wanted to go to Cotillion to support Mal and wear the amazing dress that Evie designed for her.

"So how are you feeling now that you're back?" Hector asked Helena, walking back to the dorms together after leaving the Greek Education Program.

The girl shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know... it feel weird to go from the Isle to all of this. I've done it before but it's even weirder now that I've had the chance to go back there, if that made any sense."

It was strange for Helena to be back in Auradon after being on the Isle. Though it wasn't the first time she went from the Isle to Auradon, this was the first time she went back to the in over six months. And going back to the island was a surreal experience for her. She was able to see for herself just how much the island changed in such a short time.

"Well, if it helps, I felt nice to finally meet our cousin. Though, it wasn't exactly how I planned on meeting her," Hector said.

"Well, the good news is that Uma wasn't able to get you with her sword," Helena pointed out.

Ursula is the daughter of Poseidon and sister of King Triton. And since Uma was Ursula's daughter, she was also related to Hector and Helena as second cousins.

Helena furrowed her eyebrows when she thought about something, "Why haven't the Olympians done anything about Uma? She's part of this family, too."

Helena did have a valid point. Both the daughters of Ursula and Hades were the children of infamous Olympian villains yet the gods were only concerned about Helena. Hector couldn't tell Helena that the reason why the gods were so concerned about her was because she was a goddess.

Hector shrugged his shoulders, "They really haven't told me that part."

"Well, hopefully we can talk to Chiron to give us a break from all of this work," Helena said, feeling the weight of all of the assignments on her back.

Hector laughed, "Believe me, this was him giving us a break. It was originally a lot worse."

The children of Hercules and Hades had their bags filled with makeup work. With being on the Isle for over two weeks, one of the consequences was that Helena was severely backed up on her schoolwork. Chiron, having known about the situation because of Zeus, was able to convince the other professors for leniency for the children. However, he had to compile assignments into a list with due dates that could not be missed. And the moment Helena saw the list, she already began to feel stressed and a little overwhelmed at all the work she had to do.

"Helena! Helena! Helena!" Carlos called out to her, running and sliding to a stop in front of her. He placed his hands on her shoulders to steady herself, sliding them down her arms. "Hey."

"Hey," She replied, surprised at his sudden appearance. But she then saw the look in his eyes and knew that he had something to say, "What's up?"

"Can we talk for a second?"

Carlos' and Helena's eyes went to Hector, who raised his hands in defense. "I'm leaving, I'm leaving," He said, walking around Carlos to give the two some privacy. But as he was walking away, the demigod made sure to turn around and mouth 'You got this' to this cousin.